Squealing air control adjuster - Lopi Endeavor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikehd

Hearth Supporter
Dec 26, 2009
Lacomb, Oregon
Hi all,

Got our Lopi Endeavor this past December and we are loving it. Remarkable stove, much better than the 20+ year old Sweet Home we had.

However, the air control adjuster makes a horribly loud squealing noise whenever it's moved. It seems to have gotten louder in the past month. It's loud enough to wake the family during the early morning hours when I fire it back up.

Is this a common trait of this stove? Is there something that might have been missed in the assembly? Anything I can do to fix it?

thanks for any help!

cheers,

Mike

Mine does the same thing, especially seems worse when it gets hot. I've had success with graphite and/or teflon spray. I have to re-lube it about once a year, when it starts to squeak again.

Do you just need to lube the shaft? or is it the shut off plate (or whatever is controlling the air intake)?

I pull the shaft out all the way, and then try to spray through the hole as much as possible. Elmer's Slide-All teflon spray is an aerosol, and gets in there pretty far. If you use a squeeze tube graphite, give it a good squeeze to try to get it back inside. I haven't tried an aerosol graphite, but I'd imagine that's the best way.

Status
Not open for further replies.