Squire stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBull

Nov 4, 2008
South Jersey
Hello Everyone,
I reciently purchased a " KES Squire stove" from a neighbor, it`s in very good shape , Just needs a little cleaning & paint. I cannot find any info about this stove online. its a model 50500.Is it a good stove ? any problems that I should look out for?
Can anyone tell me any info about it? Also any info on installing it would help (This is my first woodstove).It`s going thru a wall and into a chimney.
Thank you all very much for your help. Bull Stewart

Bull, were you able to get more information on your stove? I am looking at purchasing one but also am unable to find information. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Squires are good stoves, I just refurbed one a few months ago. You might want to redo the gaskets on it, LINK to window gaskets, and if I remember correctly the door gasket is THIS one.

These stoves would be a good candidate for installing a secondary air system on due to them having a top air vent. If your not that handy you can still purchase the Nu-Tec cat combustor system, call 401-738-2931 and ask for Peter, last I talked to him he had a couple in stock.

Most of the other parts for this stove can be found at stovepartsunlimited.com

LINK to the Squire I refurbed.

Hello,
I recently acquired a KES Squire stove model 51000 (similar to the one in your link), anyway, I cleaned it up and put some new paint on it and it looks good. I have two questions though. Are the two panes on the front supposed to be see through glass? Mine has a fan on the bottom, what is it for?
Thanks

The glass will get very dirty on these old stoves - but, yes, the glass was to see a little flicker through.

The fan works are in a drawer under the stove, and it works when the stove heats up - to blow are around the unit and then back into the room.

These were good stoves (usually inserts) for the time, but most would not be properly installed. See:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/articles/install_insert

Also, some parts for these stoves are available online.....do a google search if you need them.

Yes, the cat system worked quite well when retrofitted to this particular unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.