St Croix Prescott model and manufactured date difference.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

d-dayman

Aug 22, 2017
Hollidaysburg
I picked up a used 2006 St Croix Prescott this past February for a good deal. It runs great but since it’s used I’m concerned of eventual failing parts. I recently found another used Prescott locally for $300. I was thinking of buying it for backup parts. Or just to have a second unit. Says it needs a new auger motor. My question is are the parts compatible between the two? The 2006 is a Prescott EXP and the other I’m thinking of buying is a 2004 EXL. They look identical except the bases of coarse. I was wondering if the fans/motors, circuit boards, auger, verse grate, etc. are the same.

Thanks

Most parts should be the same. Control boards may be different and that's obvious from looking at control panel membrane. Personally I think the Prescott is a wonderful stove. Efficient, very l oi w maintenance and reliable.

The unit with bad auger may just need lube on top auger bushing which dry out from the heat and seize.