Stacks destroyed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swagler85

Minister of Fire
Mar 4, 2012
NE Ohio
seansellsohio.com
woodpile11.jpgwoodpile.jpg Had an excavator come out to put a new yard in,he levelled it out and got rid of a big low spot. But he had to also level my rows of wood for next winter I had staked by the drive. Hated to see them go but its what had to be done. Got it all restacked on the back of the property along with the stacks I have started for 13-14.

Reactions: smokinj
It's all good - that wood is in a better place now. Nice collection! Glad to see that your truck got out of the mud.

Looks good all stacked up.

I wouldn't do it just because I think it is a good idea, but I think restacking wood is a good idea if you have to do it. I find a few of my splits are wetter than others, presumably because they are in an unfavorable position in the stacks. Restacking gives the ones that aren't drying as well a chance to have a better location and catch up. Plus restacking lets me shake off the leaves and other junk that accumulates between the splits. Hopefully you gained slightly better firewood for all your effort.

I did get one real positive out of it. I had not had any pallets when I had first stacked the splits. But this time they were stacked on pallets, so the bottom splits should dry better.

Nice stack of wood.
You have summer grass & weeds already, nice & green :) Birch here are in the pollen stage & just budding leaves. ( Achuuuu ! )
Might use some weed killer around them to keep weeds out. May cause a moisture & bug problem.
I put down old carpet, landscape fabric or tarps under the pallets. Keeps the weeds & grass out & good air to the bottoms.
Nice skid-steer, hydraulics are great. :)

Nice stack of wood.
You have summer grass & weeds already, nice & green :) Birch here are in the pollen stage & just budding leaves. ( Achuuuu ! )
Might use some weed killer around them to keep weeds out. May cause a moisture & bug problem.
I put down old carpet, landscape fabric or tarps under the pallets. Keeps the weeds & grass out & good air to the bottoms.
Nice skid-steer, hydraulics are great. :)
Thanks for the point on the weeds. I will have to put something down for that

Status
Not open for further replies.