steel combustion package for resolute acclaim 2490

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Update on home casting refractory package for RESOLUTE ACCLAIM. So far so good no deterioration at this time. Have not used it 24/7 as our temps are not that cold yet. But the colder weather will be here soon. Mac2
1/31/2022 update on Resolute Acclaim home casted refractory package. Now over a month later the
Casting is still working great. We are presently running the stove 24/7 most of the time. As best as I can tell it works just as good as the original and I am not seeing any deterioration of the front facing piece. One thing has been a plus is that when cleaning the ashes out of the very back the casted material is way more resilient than the original. I had thought I would take it apart around this time to evaluate any internal wear, but being that it is still performing well I am going to wait a little longer.

Reactions: bholler
I really hope I am as well. I have cast lots of refractory stuff but nothing that will take that amount of heat. I am looking forward to hearing about the durability.

If it doesn't hold up there are much higher quality castable refractory cements out there you could try. They get expensive though.
Bholler
As it stands right now I am well satisfied with the rutland product I have used. The cost is less than half of what they are selling combustion packages for on line. The castings I made show no signs of wear or deterioration after this past seasons use.
But I am interested in your comments about the much higher quality castable cements you have used. I would like to experiment with them to determine their cost versus quality. I would appreciate if you would take the time to send me the names what you feel are better options.
Thanks steve

12/2/2023 update on Resolute Acclaim home casted refractory package.
Refractory and the fire bricks were cast in 2021 ,and I recently had the stove apart for cleaning . The refractory and bricks are as good as new with the exception of a hairline crack in one piece that occured when I dropped it. At this time I am confident that it is a great replacement for the original ones that cost a lot and do not hold up.
Thanks steve

Reactions: bholler
12/2/2023 update on Resolute Acclaim home casted refractory package.
Refractory and the fire bricks were cast in 2021 ,and I recently had the stove apart for cleaning . The refractory and bricks are as good as new with the exception of a hairline crack in one piece that occured when I dropped it. At this time I am confident that it is a great replacement for the original ones that cost a lot and do not hold up.
Thanks steve
Fantastic. I am happy you proved me wrong