Steel roof pricing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Easy Livin’ 3000

Minister of Fire
Dec 23, 2015
SEPA
Looking for some information regarding steel roofing prices. If you've recently bought some, love to hear what you paid per linear foot. Seems like three foot width is pretty standard, but if your width was something else, please specify.

Painted or galvanized would be interesting also.

If you are goinf for pricing price up galvalume with Kynar coating. Its the premium product

If you are goinf for pricing price up galvalume with Kynar coating. Its the premium product
Thanks PB. This is for a big woodshed and maybe the barn in a few years. Premium product prices would be an interesting data point, but by no means necessary for these purposes. A 50 year warranty is a couple generations removed's problem. I'd be thrilled with twenty, with a nice easy install and low price.

Hey, Ed... why just call AB Martin in Ephrata, and get pricing right from the horse’s mouth? I have their ABM panels on one of my barns, 20+ years and going strong. I replaced the fasteners last year, because I was spray-foaming beneath and knew future access would be limited, but I really didn’t need to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
lowes had a sale on 12x3 silver like half off in December was about 20 bucks

Hey, Ed... why just call AB Martin in Ephrata, and get pricing right from the horse’s mouth? I have their ABM panels on one of my barns, 20+ years and going strong. I replaced the fasteners last year, because I was spray-foaming beneath and new future access would be limited, but I really didn’t need to.
Good tip. I'll do that. Thanks!

Right now at Menards it is $23 / 12' x 3' panels, so about $0.64 / sq ft. That would be fairly standard pricing right now, it goes up and down with the price of steel. That is for a 40 year emerald green stock panel. If you go to galvanized( non painted) you can save about $2.50 a panel. It's actually the same price for cut panels in any length up to 40'. I have them on my shed, very easy to work with if you have a squared up sub-structure. It saves a lot on the under structure as you only need purlins every X ft depending upon pitch and snow load. I'll probably be gone before mine need replacing, which was my goal in using them.