Steel stove with reversible flue collars? Does anyone make em?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

atomichawg

Feb 28, 2009
central virginia
Howdy. I dont have a stove as yet, but am saving up for one for next season. We have an existing masonry fireplace that we would vent the stove to and as such would need a stove with a rear flue collar. It seems that some cast iron stoves have reversible flue collars, but all of the steel stoves I have seen have been top vent only. Is there a reason for this? Does anyone make a good steel stove that has a reversible flue collar?

I've never seen one either except some of the old pre EPA stoves. Would a 90 elbow off the top work?

Todd said:
I've never seen one either except some of the old pre EPA stoves. Would a 90 elbow off the top work?
Dont think the elbow would work because of clearances. Its mostly curiosity I guess as to why there dont seem to be any steel stoves that can rear vent.

I think Scan makes a couple that have them, but they are tall-ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.