Stihl Prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect motorcycle saw! Keep it full of mix & oil & you can fill the other side-bag & a backpack with wood!

Stihl's price fixing and inability to have mail order parts delivered to my door was a big reason why I chose Husqvarna equipment instead.

Now the prosumer and professional Husqvarna saws are essentially price fixed too. Husqvarna decided not to allow the knowledgeable Internet stores places I bought my saws and trimmers (Southwest Fastener, Bailey's, and Alamia) to sell them to me anymore. As a result, the prices of the Husqvarna equipment I'd want to buy went up 20%. Since my local dealer's suck - Dealer #1 - Never heard of that model (372xp). Dealer #2 - We'd have to special order those for you (bar nuts for a small mount Husky.) ... I won't be paying the premium.

I only need 23 more, then the conversion starts.
chainsaw-powered-motorcycle_12.jpg

thinkxingu said:
Oh, that's so cute!!! My niece would love your new saw. Just kidding, looks like a nice size and the colors are nice. One of my gripes about Stihl is the coloring--Jonsereds looks so much sexier. I know, I know...but what can I say?! It's the reason I choose the watches I do, too.

S

I like that bright orange. I'm color blind. No way I'll ever lose my orange Stihl in the woods. Now if I'd only remember to paint my wedges and other small gear....

Thought I was the only one riding around with a saw in a saddle bag...

Had the 020 in it a while back; had a timberjack lashed down on the rack last week.

Attachments

• Y2k Valkyrie.jpg
    Y2k Valkyrie.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 434
Ken, brings up an interesting point: are the color schemes chosen (were they) for reasons other than aesthetics. Hmmm.

S

I shopped around for a 441 and went to five dealers. Three of them were exactly the same price, the highest. One was $50 less, and one was $75 less. Don't know what Stihl's official policy is, but I did find differences, all in the same city. Meaning that with the same bar and chain, the high was $800 and the low $730.

Status
Not open for further replies.