Stihl saw lead times.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sawset

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2015
Palmyra, WI
I'm looking at a new larger pro Stihl in the 70cc range. Something like an MS462. None of the local dealers carry one, or have warehouse stock on hand, and would need to order directly from Stihl. Something was mentioned about the home owners saws being made domestically, and easier to get, and pro saws made in Germany and more difficult to get. I ordered one anyway. So we'll wait and see.

CincyBurner

Minister of Fire
Mar 10, 2015
SW Ohio
I ordered a 462 for myself over a year ago (great saw !), and just ordered one for the shop a couple weeks ago. No issue on delivery in either case. I've seen them in Stihl dealerships too. Perhaps it because regional Stihl distributor, Bryan Equipment is nearby ?
The MS 400 CM looks like an interesting introduction and something to consider as well - MS 400

duramaxman05

Minister of Fire
Aug 17, 2014
Perryville, Mo
My father in law has the same problem find an echo 7310.