Stove Animals

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Not in front of the stove this time.
IMG_0203.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Dobies always act like they are freezing.

Frisco & Codi (RIP:()........Toby:)

Attachments

• Frisco and Codi at Woodstove.jpg
    Frisco and Codi at Woodstove.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 196
  • Toby2 12-5-2016.jpg
    Toby2 12-5-2016.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 223
Dogs sure have it rough these days!

Most of them look like they are being slow roasted in front of the fire so that they can be served for dinner.

Niot served dinner ----served FOR diner.

There was no fire today and the cats spent many hours hanging around staring at the fireplace. Slightly chilly at worst, thankfully the temp is going down a bit at night (so sure, tomorrow a fire) but after it warms up (rains) more...

No pic, I'll get one tomorrow but my dog was in front of the stove from 11pm til 3pm the following day with a 2 minute pee break. The heat makes them lazy.

Reactions: Chuck the Canuck
6 of the 8 . . . the 7th is a bit anti-social and the 8th was living in the garage at the time (she now lives inside and is rather friendly)

Attachments

• 038.JPG
    038.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 250
Took this one yesterday. Minna, GSD/Husky mix.
IMG_20181227_085012226 (Large).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After her first role in a major motion picture and a lucrative contract Lilly just sits around now waiting for a call from her agent.

View attachment 236809

Stove looks great, how do you like it so far, does not having a blower make a difference?

Stove looks great, how do you like it so far, does not having a blower make a difference?
I'm going on my 5th year, second location. I love this stove. I like the 3 temp cooking feature. Sometimes I point a box fan on low towards it depending on temp/wind/humidity factors but unnecessary in my case as I installed radiant floor hydronic heat and always comfortable. Now back to the animals!

Attachments

• FB0F2FF5-8265-432C-B98E-8BB1E06B3F55.jpeg
    FB0F2FF5-8265-432C-B98E-8BB1E06B3F55.jpeg
    74.7 KB · Views: 123
Reactions: ispinwool
Am I the only one that has pets that have no interest in getting anywhere near the stove?
Way back when, I had a Resolute and 2 cats. Good cat, bad cat. One day bad cat looks up at the top of the burning stove. I said to myself "no way...." then suddenly...Yup, all 4 paws. Sprung off like a springboard athlete. He was never interested in that stove again.

Reactions: Dix
I prefer to keep mine inside the stove
I get a call from a house caretaker of one of dudes who created Priceline.com. Nice house. Big. "There's a bird in the chimney!" she says in a freaked out voice. A mirror and flashlight reveal a robin on the smoke shelf. With a glove and slow movement I saved it. The caretaker is now known as "Birdlady". I also inadvertently by sheer stupidity killed a blue bird (good question as to why) that was in my wood stove, I will always regret that.

Last edited:
I'm gonna say "She", but I could be wrong, is like "Whatchyou looking at, Willis?" ;lol
Yeah, this is our 14 yr old female. She thinks she owns the hearth.