Stove Animals

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
And why should she not?? :cool:

Reactions: Prof
Scotty Karate, the rural pitbull asleep at his favorite spot in the house!

Attachments

• IMG_1403.jpg
    IMG_1403.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 245
Reactions: jetsam and Dix
For the first time in my life, I’m dogless. We lost our lab/cheesie mix December last year and our lab/beagle mix in August this year. Both lived long happy lives (~15 years).

It’s nice to see all the doggos in this thread enjoying the warm stoves the way mine used to!

-SF

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Reactions: jetsam
For the first time in my life, I’m dogless. We lost our lab/cheesie mix December last year and our lab/beagle mix in August this year. Both lived long happy lives (~15 years).

It’s nice to see all the doggos in this thread enjoying the warm stoves the way mine used to!

-MG

Time to get a new one to enjoy the stove, when I lose one I adopt another right away.

image.jpeg
Usually they are right in front of the kuma, depends on the time of day and how long we have been outside. My dogs live in our walk out basement but this is the main finished room down there, farther down past the tv is my older labs futon bed when he gets to hot he retreats there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jetsam and Dix
I love this thread. Dogs are my "thing", love them. I lost my cane corso and greyhound (greyhound pictured in my avatar)to cancer, this past summer/fall. One in August and the other in October. It was brutal. Then I stumbled upon this girl from a rescue group...how could I say no?!

I'll be sure to post up a pic by the stove one day :)

49211032_10156206111773845_7837498880571736064_n.jpg

Time to get a new one to enjoy the stove, when I lose one I adopt another right away.

We will at some point. We are planning to enjoy being able to travel some with the kids this summer without worries about pets.

-SF

I’ve had birds in my stove a few times, they always seem to be blue birds....weird. Now I screen the cap in the spring.
i grabbed him and brought him out the front door, as I let him go he let out a nice tweet, assume he said thanks in bird language :cool:

My girl is part husky and part snoopy. Forget the fire, she is outside on her doghouse watching squirrels.
lila aug.jpg
and yes, she brought that pad up there herself. She is pretty old this year, but still cute:
lila 019.jpg

No pic, I'll get one tomorrow but my dog was in front of the stove from 11pm til 3pm the following day with a 2 minute pee break. The heat makes them lazy.
Hey, the stove has the same effect on me.... [emoji5]

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

this guy was too hot by the fire... he found a cool spot with his head under a chair :)
IDmhxb0Qq6FRiatw1jsTP1cOejJOSClZgJJcM6fBNkPZpskFVIM-Rtkra-j52kbxbcZq_iO7J0Qvtmykkww=w904-h678-no.jpg

here is is keeping my spot warm, in the furthest spot from the stove, while still being in the same room as us!
jkFL-Lf0Q2FJm1Kf9ft8z-x_vhiJvT46HzRDOOUxxfJTHnWe14LbYWQJZLYIohHEZtM0arAX9P8ygjFDFlA=w904-h678-no.jpg

My girl is part husky and part snoopy. Forget the fire, she is outside on her doghouse watching squirrels.
View attachment 237495
and yes, she brought that pad up there herself. She is pretty old this year, but still cute:
View attachment 237494

we had a tenant that had a dog that used to love to sit in the the tree. *edited: photo attached*
upload_2019-1-8_11-20-14.png:)

Two warm, sleepy, lucky old Basset Hound boys.
629353DD-CB63-4256-A153-7488A2AFEC5A.jpeg

Sorry to hear this.

What is that on his neck? A GoPro or a electric leash gizmo?

I think you miss your old stoves......

Reactions: Ashful