Stove I.D.?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TroyW

Dec 19, 2011
Midwest
Hi,
First time here. Trying to I.D. an Englander stove we picked up used. Model or any info would be great thanks. Hope the pic shows. I found this pic on bing images and looks the same.

Attachments

• 5V65O65Q63o33p53l5bc606ca938039171243.jpg
    5V65O65Q63o33p53l5bc606ca938039171243.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 380
Welcome. Early Englander? Is there a UL label on the back?

BeGreen said:
Welcome. Early Englander? Is there a UL label on the back?

Well the thread got moved, so it must be older than I thought. A label on back has info for placement but did not see
any numbers. The blower had a label but again no model or serial numbers.

Here's the manual for your stove.
http://www.englanderstoves.com/manuals/OldWoodStoves.pdf

If you would like to know the model name, they are still in business to ask. I would take pictures of your own stove to send them, since the spring handles, draft caps, or other details may differ from yours changing the year or model. Also wire brush the inside of the doors looking for foundry markings. Many times the model they are for is abbreviated, stamped, or embossed into the cast iron. Check the bottom as well for markings or stampings. Many stoves have a serial number stamped near the outlet on the back.

The manual has a picture of clearances, is this the same diagram as on your tag?

I was looking at the owners manual and on the last page I think where it shows the stove and operation It says it has "2 cooking services" I would think it would be "surfaces" :)

Don't pick on it just because it doesn't start with F............. You know those southerners can't spell :lol:

Impressive heat tube and baffle design.

coaly said:
Here's the manual for your stove.
http://www.englanderstoves.com/manuals/OldWoodStoves.pdf

If you would like to know the model name, they are still in business to ask. I would take pictures of your own stove to send them, since the spring handles, draft caps, or other details may differ from yours changing the year or model. Also wire brush the inside of the doors looking for foundry markings. Many times the model they are for is abbreviated, stamped, or embossed into the cast iron. Check the bottom as well for markings or stampings. Many stoves have a serial number stamped near the outlet on the back.

The manual has a picture of clearances, is this the same diagram as on your tag?

Hey, thanks guys, really appreciate it. The diagram isn't exact I don't think but really close.

I have always wanted to meet Ron England. And my first question would be where him and Bob came up with the horseshoe thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.