Stove pipe adapter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gallggg

Dec 10, 2022
Northern Minnesota
I am installing an older Hearthstone III. I am using a telescoping double walled stovepipe. I cannot get the double walled stovepipe to fit on the top of the woodstove. The woodstove looks like it is made to have the stovepipe go over the top of the woodstove outlet. I want to have the stovepipe insert into the stove outlet so cresote goes back into the stove. Is there an adapter that I can purchase that would go from the woodstove to the double wall pipe?

Double wall stovepipe has an inner and outer liner. Often double-wall stove pipe's outer wall does go outside of the flue collar. As long as the inner liner goes snugly inside the flue collar it should be ok.

The inner liner on the double walled stovepipe has an outside diameter of 5 3/4 inches. The inside diameter of my hearthstone III flue collar is 5 3/8. The double wall stovepipe is 3/8" is too big to fit in the woodstove.

Can I cut slits in the double wall inside pipe and force it on or is there an adapter someplace I can purchase.

Good video. I have the stove adapter and it has too large of a diameter to fit into the stove. I called Selkirk and they said I could slit the inside crimped pipe and put it on. The outside of the double wall would still go over the stove flue collar. I am going to call Hearthstone today and see what they recommend.

One of the dealers suggested trying to buy an adapter from Finland or wherever the stove was made. He said the pipe sizing is probably in millimeters.

Another dealer suggested using tin snips to slice the inner pipe for an inch or two to be able to put the inner pipe inside my flue collar. This is what I intend do do.

Reactions: 1kzwoman
The metric adapter is probably the answer. I am going to try adding additional crimping and if I mess it up I will try the metric adapter.

Thanks to all the replies.

51Sk8bfvPsL._AC_SL1000_.jpg