Stove Prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2008
Schoharie County, N Y
I purchased a Lopi Endeavor last fall for $1900. I shopped around and quite a few stoves were in that price range. I mainly purchased the Lopi because the dealer was close to my house and they'd been there a long time. I have read on this site about much cheaper stoves, especially at the box stores. I am wondering if there is much quality differance in these stoves? If I had purchased a cheaper stove would I have been satisfied? Just thought I'd ask. Thanks

You did just fine. Keep enjoying your stove.

It's a box you put fire in. You pay for the looks. Enjoy your stove. Next year you'll be burning it hard.

Matt

EatenByLimestone said:
It's a box you put fire in. You pay for the looks. Enjoy your stove. Next year you'll be burning it hard.

Matt

Yep. To paraphrase my favorite commercial:

When you get it hot, does it return the favor?

I paid a bunch more than that for the Lopi Liberty in our house (pro install), and I paid a bunch less than that for the Century Hearth stove in my workshop (self install). I don't remember exactly what I paid for either of them, nor do I care. If I couldn't have afforded them, I wouldn't have bought them. I like them both just fine. If someone got a stove like mine cheaper, good for them. If someone got a cheaper stove that performs the same as one of mine, good for them. It's history, my stoves are long since paid for (like, on the spot), and they're both doing a terrific job of keeping us warm. Rick

fossil said:
I paid a bunch more than that for the Lopi Liberty in our house (pro install), and I paid a bunch less than that for the Century Hearth stove in my workshop (self install). I don't remember exactly what I paid for either of them, nor do I care. If I couldn't have afforded them, I wouldn't have bought them. I like them both just fine. If someone got a stove like mine cheaper, good for them. If someone got a cheaper stove that performs the same as one of mine, good for them. It's history, my stoves are long since paid for (like, on the spot), and they're both doing a terrific job of keeping us warm. Rick

The Century is worth more than the Liberty. It has the door handle on the correct side. :coolsmirk:

BrotherBart said:
...The Century is worth more than the Liberty. It has the door handle on the correct side. :coolsmirk:

Actually, both of my stoves are configured the correct (left) way. :coolsmile: Rick

fossil said:
BrotherBart said:
...The Century is worth more than the Liberty. It has the door handle on the correct side. :coolsmirk:

Actually, both of my stoves are configured the correct (left) way. :coolsmile: Rick

My condolences. No wonder Century went bankrupt. :coolgrin:

BrotherBart said:
fossil said:
BrotherBart said:

My condolences. No wonder Century went bankrupt. :coolgrin:

Oh, how gauche! No doubt, VC was not as adroit as ESW. I don't care. It's mine, it's a steel box, and all I gotta do is keep it maintained. Firebrick and gaskets once in a while. Keep the flue clean. Next life, I'll buy an NC-30. Then I'll just have to do the same things to it. Rick

fossil said:
Next life, I'll buy an NC-30. Then I'll just have to do the same things to it. Rick

And you will never go back to "leftie". :lol:

BrotherBart said:
Yep. To paraphrase my favorite commercial:

When you get it hot, does it return the favor?

:lol: :lol: I like that, (how come I have not seen that commercial?!).

I think it was a babe in a Cadillac, and her question was something like, "When you turn your car on, does it return the favor?". Rick

Yes, that sounds familiar to me, I'm pretty sure I recall seeing that one. Its just funny how some of these commercials are more memorable than the shows themselves. :lol:

fossil said:
BrotherBart said:

The handle goes in the center.

Attachments

• quad_IR.jpg
    quad_IR.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 293
Status
Not open for further replies.