Hearthstone Stove vs Lopi Stover

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Maalna2

Dec 20, 2016
Nashville, Tn
I am trying to get a wood stove insert but having a hard time finding a dealer that displays anything in store. Of all the Hearthstone dealers in my area nobody has any inserts in stock and most seem to not respond to any inquiry request. A Lopi dealer has a small insert in stock but it is kinda bland in looks and it is the small insert. So I guess my question is between the two brand which brand has a better track record and better quality of product? Thank you for any help you all can provide.

Welcome to the forum, Maalna2.

Your Nashville, TN location would suggest that you don't need a really large stove.

The small Lopi that you are speaking of is probably the Answer or the flush insert version of that stand-alone stove. I can vouch for this stove - it is very well-built and has a double-jacketed construction that makes it pretty suitable for an insert or alcove installation. It will put out a lot of heat for its size. Definitely get it with a blower.

They have other medium-sized stoves (one size up from the Answer). Last I knew, the Answer was a tube stove only (not hybrid, like their Rockport).

I enoyed burning my Lopi stoves. My current house has a very long chimney, vertically straight up, and the Lopi breathed a little too easily in that setup. I've replaced that Lopi with a catalytic stove.

I don't have first hand experience with Hearthstone products, so hopefully someone else can provide some advice there.

Regardless of your stove choice, you need to get wood that is two years dried in the open, covered. "Seasoned" wood from a firewood dealer will not work well in your stove at all and will frustrate you to no end. Don't believe any firewood dealer when they tell you their wood has been dried for 2 years.

I am trying to get a wood stove insert but having a hard time finding a dealer that displays anything in store. Of all the Hearthstone dealers in my area nobody has any inserts in stock and most seem to not respond to any inquiry request. A Lopi dealer has a small insert in stock but it is kinda bland in looks and it is the small insert. So I guess my question is between the two brand which brand has a better track record and better quality of product? Thank you for any help you all can provide.
Tell us more about how the insert will be used, 24/7 or occasionally. How large of an area will it be heating? Most importantly, what are the fireplace dimensions. Pictures welcome.