Stove recommendation for canvas tent

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jriccisf

Dec 8, 2021
Napa, California
Thanks in advance for any help here!

I’m looking for stove recommendations for a large, 530 square foot “glamping" tent.
  • The property is in Napa, California - temperatures are moderate in the winter. Nights are typically in the low 40s, but can occasional get down to low 30s.
  • The tent is permanently installed, with flame retardant canvas walls (no insulation).
  • The property is off-grid and solar powered, so we’d prefer a wood burning stove vs pellet stove that requires power.
  • We would prefer a model with a side venting option (we plan to use double insulated pipe through a wall mounted stove jack).
  • Interior space is limited, so we’d like to find a model with minimal clearances to the back wall.
  • Walls are approximately 7 feet tall, sloping to 10.5 feet in the center of the tent.
  • See attached photos for tent renderings.
Please let me know if I'm missing any key details to help make a recommendation.

Thanks!

Jason

-

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 12.05.05 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 12.05.16 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 12.05.23 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 12.07.54 PM.png