Stove top toys

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SterlingSL

Hearth Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Dallas Tx
Anybody got any really cool toys they use on their stoves/inserts? One of those heat powered stove top fans came up in my amazon feed after I was looking at the Condar Medallion thermometer. That got me thinking there's bound to be something I just can't live without. I'm easily entertained...

Reactions: StihlKicking
Anybody got any really cool toys they use on their stoves/inserts? One of those heat powered stove top fans came up in my amazon feed after I was looking at the Condar Medallion thermometer. That got me thinking there's bound to be something I just can't live without. I'm easily entertained...

I have a stove top fan, two stove top burn indicators, a flue thermometer, and an IR gun. I check all but the IR gun out of routine. The IR gun (very inexpensive) is the best thing I have for the stove. It measures temps any place it is pointed which comes in handy sometimes. I use it when I am operating the stove at the higher end of its recommended limits. The fan is nice too. To me it is more of a decoration then a useful air mover but I love the way it looks and sounds. It has run trouble free for many years without anything but stove heat to operate it. Not cheap though. I have cast iron steamer as well but I never use it.