Stoves with porcelian

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

minesmoria

Dec 17, 2005
I was going to but the pacific energy summit classic with red porcelain finish.

Do these finshes hold up good, the paint wont blister off?

We have a Hearthstone mansfield, going into its 5th burn season.. 4-5 cords go through it per season...it still looks great..We looked at one of those pacific energy units...thought they looked sharp..We know someone who bought one and they are happy with it.

Thats what i will be buying pacific energy summint classic red, hope to buy in july before prices go up agin!

Porcelain is not paint. It's a fired on finish. Should hold up very well unless you like to crack walnuts with a hammer on the stove. If the finish started failing I would consider it a warranty defect unless it was from mistreatment of the stove (most likely, severe overfiring).

You should be happy with the PE. There have been lots of glowing reports about them.

They have the red unit also.. I think that stove is made mostly of steel...IMO it is one of the best looking steel ones...If the house is cold, that will get the heat out quickly..Good luck..

BeGreen said:
Porcelain is not paint. It's a fired on finish. Should hold up very well unless you like to crack walnuts with a hammer on the stove. If the finish started failing I would consider it a warranty defect unless it was from mistreatment of the stove (most likely, severe overfiring).

You should be happy with the PE. There have been lots of glowing reports about them.

Seconded, or thirded......

Enamel that is fired on can last decades - antique kitchen stoves from the 20's often still have original porcelain. In this case, you are even better off since the porcelain is on a convection chamber, not on the stove itself. This is subject to even less stress from the heat.

Great looking stove . Easy to clean . stays clean looking all winter . The red get just a little darker when hot and lighter when cool . Love this stove . Its worth every cent for the Porcelain add on .

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 346
  • 4d.JPG
    4d.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 336
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 328
Roospike said:
Great looking stove . Easy to clean . stays clean looking all winter . The red get just a little darker when hot and lighter when cool . Love this stove . Its worth every cent for the Porcelain add on .

How long a burn time do you get when its filled right up, all i have is softwood birch alder hemlock yellow ceder ect.
i currently have the super 27 one model below summit.

Looking for longer burn times with the summit i hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.