Straight shot single wall stovepipe question

KP Matt Posted By KP Matt, Jul 31, 2006 at 3:40 PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KP Matt

    KP Matt
    New Member 2.

    May 1, 2006
    This is going to seem like a pretty stupid question, but I've been keeping my eye out for an answer and haven't seen one.

    Say you have a straight shot stove pipe, coming out of a stove's top exit, going directly to the ceiling box. It's single wall pipe, and the question is - how do you get it in and out of place? With double wall you would have a telescopic piece and it would be easy. I've heard about "inspection wrap" pieces, but never seen one for sale. Is that the only solution?
  2. MountainStoveGuy

    Minister of Fire 2.

    Jan 23, 2006
    Boulder County
    you use a slip joint at the top below the support box. It works much like a double wall telescope
    Allows connection between two pipe joints without cutting pipe.
  3. tradergordo

    Minister of Fire 2.

    May 31, 2006
    Phoenixville, PA
    There are also telescoping single wall pieces. I just bought this one for my install. It was actually less expensive to use this than to use the non-telescoping solution from the same manufacturer. With an 8 foot ceiling this is the only flue pipe you need (mine was a cathedral install though).
  4. hearthtools

    Moderator Emeritus 2.

    Jan 6, 2006
    Oakhurst, California, USA, Earth
    yup that would be the heatfab 2606b 6" 38 -70 adjust
    or you could use the 18" slip
    I explained this on this tread.

    An 18” slip section is a 18” Section of pipe that is smaller so it can fully slip INTO an maximum of 15” into another section of the same brand pipe. so if you use a 24” pipe with a 18” slip you will have a lenghth from 28” to up to about 40” (I took off 2” because I like to have a min of 2” of slip inside the normal length of pipe.

    The Top of the Slip is your Female end (that will connect to another pipe, Fitting or Flue and the Smaller section that slips into the regular section of pipe is down or towards the appliance.

    I think you can get details from the heatfab website
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page