Sub Compact Tractors

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue that took me to Kubota over Deere was that Kubota makes every part of their tractors (at this time) and do not
outsource to other companies. This may make a big difference in the timley acquisition of a much needed part in the years to come.

I have NEVER had a problem getting Deere parts in a timely fashion. Regardless of the original supplier. Hell, you can walk into a dealership and order new, original parts for tractors that haven't been built for 70 years!

Local Kubota Dealer here got ripped off 3-4 years ago. Wasn't just one machine tho.... !!

The issue that took me to Kubota over Deere was that Kubota makes every part of their tractors (at this time) and do not
outsource to other companies. This may make a big difference in the timley acquisition of a much needed part in the years to come.

I like my Deere but I was disappointed to find that some of the parts were made in China, among them the tires.
Kubota makes real good stuff. Have fun with it!

I like my Deere but I was disappointed to find that some of the parts were made in China, among them the tires.
Kubota makes real good stuff. Have fun with it!

Thanks, it should be delivered next week. I will post pictures. I really like the fit and finish of the Kubota, the seat is more comfortable, 3 speed HST, gauges etc. The Deeres were listed as a little heavier lifting and had position control but I when it came down to numbers we went with the orange one. A lot of Kubotas implements and assembly are done in GA. There is a YouTube video of the assembly process. They have one line that all of the tractors come down and they turn out 50-60 a day with only 50 employees.

We had two Kubotas back when I was landscaping. Can't remember the numbers, but one was an OLD B series and a new (at the time) L series. Both were as reliable as the sunset and took a beating (and a hard one at that) day after day after day. We were meticulous with maintenance, but pushed them near or beyond their limits about every time out. Just keep it well fed with good lube and it will last a couple lifetimes.

You're going to love it....just make sure you have enough ballast in the rear when doing anything serious with the FEL, but the same goes for any tractor.

We had an old Kubota L-something or other at the Kubota dealer I was working for that we used as a "yard tractor" for dragging around dead machines, trailers, etc. Thing was always on it's "last legs" and maintenance was thought of only as business got real slow. So long as the battery had enough in it, it cranked everytime and ran strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.