Success with wireless temp readings!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jason H

Oct 9, 2020
Hudson, Quebec
Hi all,

I'd just like to pass on some more info on a fun gadget that I just discovered thanks to someone on this site suggested.

I have a catalytic insert and found that the temp reader was very unsightly, and the batteries were draining unnaturally fast.
I ordered a device labeled TR-75WB from thermoworks. It can be plugged in or used with batteries.
It can transmit via Bluetooth to an app, as well as upload data automatically to a free cloud storage via wifi. ( reading and update intervals change the battery life)
20210901_093907.jpg

Here it is with some modified clips to fit over the k type prongs. I will remove the faceplate and hide it behind soon.

Screenshot_20210901-093851_T&D Thermo.jpg

Here's a view from the app of real time readings.

Screenshot_20210901-095356_Chrome.jpg

Here's a graph that was produced by the online website. I just burnt a piece of newspaper to test the reader. Game changer on checking temp while away. Or easily viewing burn time efficiencies.

I'm told that thermoworks will discontinue this product so I wanted to let you guys know right away.

More to come when the season starts!

I didn't get around to asking. But I'm sure they'd be able to answer that question. Their reply time was always within an hour. Super helpful

It's nice and compact. Better looking than the Auber box too.

Screenshot_20210903-084311_T&D Thermo.jpg

I got eager to light a fire last night since it went down to 12c. Didn't load it up too much but by the graph that it created, you can clearly see where I closed the catalyst bypass,

In the beginging I set it to recording readings every minute and later changed it to 15 minutes which in doing so erases a bit of data stored in the box waiting to be uploaded which is why there is a blank space.

Probe. See pic in first post.