Sugar Maple?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This came down on the hill behind the house during the winter, looks like Sugar Maple,

100_4800.JPG 100_4801.JPG

The third picture is the Beech the beavers had been working on, the wind took it down a couple of weeks ago before they could finish it.

100_4810.JPG
zap

it's possibly sugar maple, but hard to say without seeing a cut.. I will speculate that it's sugar maple.....

I would say it is, it is sometimes hard to tell when they are that youg, a cut would tell the story!

Yes - hard to tell from the photos. If the area is all sugar maple, then probably so. Looks like the water is running strong! Are close enough to the stream to hear it from the house? Cheers!

Yes - hard to tell from the photos. If the area is all sugar maple, then probably so. Looks like the water is running strong! Are close enough to the stream to hear it from the house? Cheers!
Zap has alot of Soft Maple on his place, But the first photo shows a for sure H.Maple still standing, and this one in all probability is Hard. I'm sure he's going to buck it up and pile it so we will see a cut and split soon enough!

I see a lot of sugar maple leaves on the ground too.......so I will affirm what I believed already. Sugar maple.....get her cut up, Zap!!

That last shot is a beautiful scene. How far away is the beaver dam?

PS: I changed the pictures to thumbnail mode. It really saves a lot of scrolling and reads better in context.

That last shot is a beautiful scene. How far away is the beaver dam?

PS: I change the pictures to thumbnail mode. It really saves a lot of scrolling and reads better in context.
Up the brook not real far on the right, it's in the area that catches any wood that high waters bring down the stream, it's not effecting the flow of the brook. I'll get a picture tomorrow.
To everyone that responded, I'll get to that Sugar Maple in a couple of weeks.
zap

Reactions: ScotO
Status
Not open for further replies.