Sugarwoods clean up time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

wishlist

Minister of Fire
Mar 28, 2011
Corunna, Michigan
It’s that time of year to get in the sugarwoods and clean up and get ready for sugar season . I’ve been to 2 of my 3 woods so far removing branches /trees off of the lines . So far lots of smaller branches with a few trees down on mainlines . The mainlines are held up by hi tensile wire and if they break it’s very time consuming making repairs . Fortunately mostly basswood on mainlines so no major damage .
Did manage to get this ironwood which was blown over in one of the trails. Funny how I go in the woods repairing lines this time of year but always manage to bring back a small load in the kubota. Can’t pass it up !

0FFEF76F-07DF-474C-901F-D6C8F70FDABA.jpeg ED1D59CD-3E01-456D-84E9-D9481D570061.jpeg

My 50 trees are all on 3 acres surrounding my house. Went through and updated all the marks mid fall and cleared paths. I'm a solo backyard boiler so this keeps me busy. 2-2.5 more months!