Summers Heat 2,000 sq ft (aka Madison SW01)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

davo

Apr 24, 2015
CT
I asked a few questions in a separate thread but would like to hear some real world experience how everyone likes this stove.

What are your burn times? What size sq footage are you heating? Is it really noisy/temperamental with getting too hot (read some reviews)? How is it compared to other wood stoves you have used? Do you think it will be durable and stand the test of time? How is the AAS?

Thank you all, I am seriously considering this stove and would like any and all honest input based on your experiences.

I have posted some of my experience on here somewhere. I purchased the stove on clearance and broken from Lowe’s. Called manufacturer about broken parts and they sent me replacements without question. I am not confident in their tech supports knowledge of fixing problems though.

for me it was and is a good stove to have for the price. Heats my 2100 sqft no air loss house well. I do use a lot of wood and have a hard time managing the fire even with dry wood. It likes to run hot but I like it warm so... I have an outside combustion air hooked up. I have to clean out the ashes daily.

Thank you for the responses! Glad to hear it's a solid heater. I know Englanders have good reputations.

Thank you for the responses! Glad to hear it's a solid heater. I know Englanders have good reputations.

they certainly work. I want a higher quality heater for a lot of reasons though. If you are spending 700-800 on one I would recommend trying to save and buy a base WS Ideal Steel or something. I got my SH for Next to nothing.

Good and Bad . The NC-30 is pretty much bullet proof but not very pretty.IMO. The Big Madison is defect prone but very pretty and great burn characteristics when its working right. Englander does not seem to want stand behind it or fix the known issues beyond sending you an oversized door gasket or replacing it with another with the same issues.IME. My good friend has the Madison 2000 and is generally very happy with it although it too likes to run hot with dry wood. He heats a 1500 sq ft insulated basement and most of the upstairs with it and gets good burn times.