Summers heat 50-snc13 vs wonder wood US stove Co.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pros for the 13:

EPA clean burn technology. More heat with less wood and chimney accumulations.
Glass door view of the fire. Not only for ambiance but for controlling the burn.
Heavier steel firebox.
Larger wood capacity.

Cons: No bimetallic thermostat.

The Englander/Summer's Heat is American made of American parts. I doubt that is the case with the US Stove. My US Stove furnace has a lot of 'China' stamped and cast into pieces.

The 13 does have a pretty stiff R value required for the hearth. The Wonderwood gives a K factor, which you'll have to convert. The Wonderwood manual also gives a crazy (25") clearance requirement for the connector pipe.

Then considering the whole EPA, clean burning thing, the two really aren't comparable other than price.

Alternatively I would check out the True North TN19 by PE. It has a square firebox and easy hearth requirements.

Here's yer shirt.

englander t shirt.jpg

Atta Boy:)

yeah, i'd have went that way too ;)

Hillbilly, welcome to the ESW family, let me know if i can answer any questions you may have (provided the members here don't beat me to it like they usually do:mad: <chuckle>)

its a great little stove , im sure its going to make you happy

I've used my NC-13 now for 12-15 fires... All I can say is WOW! I would recommend this stove to anybody, it has outperformed our old stove 10-1.

The 13 is an awesome heater.

Congrats !!

Status
Not open for further replies.