Summit, liberty, jotul f600, or T6

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Burning

Jun 30, 2019
Pa
Hi guys, so few years back had a liberty loved the stove put out great heat, burn times weren’t amazing but overall I loved the stove, switched to coal for a few years and it was to dirty, so I bought a quad 5700. Stove is so controllable it’s crazy nice burn, burn times are great 7-10 hours on medium
But the stove heat output is not even close to the liberty. The quad just can’t get up to temp. Stays at 500-550 steady witch is good. But the liberty would be at 700 easily and would really give me that heat.

So my question is I’ve heard a lot of good things about the stoves mentioned in the title. My thing is has anyone had experience with these in regards to just raw heat. I want the most heat I can get, I’m heating 2,500 square and before I buy another liberty I was wondering if the pe summit or the Jotul f600 would put the liberty to shame

Maybe even a blaze king princess I understand there a cat stove. But if I run her hot will she be an option too

Thanks so much for your time. This site is amazing and so many good people I appreciate it.

There are so many threads on these stoves but so many different opinions, I’m just hoping to know which will put heat the other. I don’t care about btus clearance’s or anything like that But I am stuck with a 6” flue

None of the stoves you mentioned will out perform a Liberty. The new Liberty has an Ashpan and a much larger glass door. The Jotul F-600 is no longer in production. The F-500 Oslo is their largest stove now, coming in at $4,600 now! A BK princess excels when your able to run it on medium and lower settings, like most people do. If you’re expecting to run it hard, there’s no real benefit to a cat stove.

Agreed, the new Liberty is a nice stove. I like it better than the older version. However, a Summit will give it a run for the money and has some unique features.

Thanks guys I appreciate it. I thought the cast iron stoves would put off way more heat cause even the liberty has the built in side panels that doesn’t allow the stove to radiate off the sides.

Thanks again for your info

Thanks guys I appreciate it. I thought the cast iron stoves would put off way more heat cause even the liberty has the built in side panels that doesn’t allow the stove to radiate off the sides.

Thanks again for your info
How tall is your chimney? Do you have a pipe damper? And what is the moisture content of your wood? The quad really should be fairly similar to the liberty

All other components being equal, PE Summit quality construction, simple, reliable and 99000 BTU's and fairly priced.

Woods all around 16-18 percent chimney is about 25 ft and I have a pipe damper. The heat output from the 5700 to liberty is just not even close. Even when the stove is at the same temp, my downstairs used to be 78-80. With the quad it’s never above 71-72

I also feel like there are so many regulations now. They are insulating these stoves to the brink so the hot air stays around the stove

I just want the heat How can a 20 year old stove that has a 43,000 btu rate blow away a new stove at 70-90,000 btu
I get you go through some more wood and lesser burn times but at least they worked and put out raw heat Had an old earth stove growing up. Out heats any one of these new stoves. Had to load it every 5-6 hours but at least I’m single digits your house was still hot

I also feel like there are so many regulations now. They are insulating these stoves to the brink so the hot air stays around the stove

I just want the heat How can a 20 year old stove that has a 43,000 btu rate blow away a new stove at 70-90,000 btu
I get you go through some more wood and lesser burn times but at least they worked and put out raw heat Had an old earth stove growing up. Out heats any one of these new stoves. Had to load it every 5-6 hours but at least I’m single digits your house was still hot
Yes newer stoves do have less BTU output per hour. They are typically smaller and have longer burn times so while you are getting more heat out of the wood there are only so many BTUs available

Woods all around 16-18 percent chimney is about 25 ft and I have a pipe damper. The heat output from the 5700 to liberty is just not even close. Even when the stove is at the same temp, my downstairs used to be 78-80. With the quad it’s never above 71-72
That is odd. The 2 stoves are really very similar in technology and construction. You say the liberty had much lower burn times. I am wondering if there was a leak somewhere leading to that and the higher temp. And of course if you have a longer burn now with about the same firebox volume you are going to have lower BTUs per hour no way around that

Has anyone ran the nex gen liberty compared to the old one. Wonder how that’s running with the 3.6 firebox Kind of intriguing

Has anyone ran the nex gen liberty compared to the old one. Wonder how that’s running with the 3.6 firebox Kind of intriguing
We’ve ran both on display. The 2020 version is a monster heater! Loved the old one, the 2020 is now my favorite.

Really. Wow. That’s awesome. I may look into grabbing one once you can get stuff and it doesn’t take 2 years What was your actually burn times on there Feel like the old liberty after about 6-1/2 hours was just low embers. Stove would be 300 degrees

How’s the new ones burn time

Thanks