Sunday surprise and current stack

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just laid down for a Sunday afternoon nap last week when I heard thump, thump, bang, bang. Looked out the window to see a dump truck of wood being dropped off. I went down and it was the guy I started using this year. $130 dollars worth. He said the tree service he works for part time just dropped a silver maple. Missed my nap but was worth it. The other pic is my 2012 / 2013 stack, about four cord. First two cords to the left I cut and split for my Napoleon so it's is all under four inch splits, the rest I have I didn't bother resplitting for the Englander since it should handle the mix of splits the would have been too big for my Napoleon. Also the side view. About four foot wide, 29 feet long and between 4 and 5 feet high. Since I average 3 cord a year I should be well ahead. Last year I only had 2 1/2 cord going into winter so I was very thankful for the warm winter.

Next step is the pallet rack beside the tree which should hold about 2 - 2 1/2 cord for 2013 - 2014. In the four years I have been burning this is the most I ever had. I also been thankful for the dry weather. Just covered the stack in prep for the drought breaking rain that's supposed to come Saturday - Tuesday.

Attachments

• delivery.jpg
    delivery.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 160
  • 12_13pile.jpg
    12_13pile.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 169
  • sidewood.jpg
    sidewood.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 160
That is a fine addition to your current collection. However, the pic's show that there may be a whole lot more backyard to fill with stacks, then the frontyard, garage, basement, etc. Just kidding.... Good score!

Reactions: n3pro
n3pro, that should make you very happy. Good for you on getting ahead.

Reactions: n3pro
That is a fine addition to your current collection. However, the pic's show that there may be a whole lot more backyard to fill with stacks, then the frontyard, garage, basement, etc. Just kidding.... Good score!

Everytime my dad comes over he remarks "You must really hate mowing". The neighbor on the side where the stack is calls me the neighborhood wood whore. He has a nice 1/2 a cord stack that he uses during holidays and power outages and I just remark "and I'm trying not to covet thy neighbors wood".

I do have to say I think the wood stack is prettier then the fence and much cheaper, though I'm not sure the neighbors would agree.

If you enjoy the work that comes with burning wood. saving money is just one of the great benefits.
Some understand, some don't. I think they are the weird ones. Feels good to be head eh?
Nice stash of $$ stacked up there ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.