Super Vent chimney?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ourhouse

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2006
Norfolk Ma
Anyone ever use Super Vent pipe? I was wondering how good it is and if the company stands behind their products?
Any info would be great.

Thanks JOHN

Earth,

NOT SURE IF THIS HELPS YOU?

Got the tractor supply flyer today for this weekend sale, 6" inch dura-plus chimney section pipe 36" length is $88.85(says 25 yr warranty). They also have corresponding roof kit at 185.42 and or wall kit for 288.82...

Its mentioned on my woodstove web page, but yes, I did use Supervent, this is the stuff Lowe's sells and I liked the online installation planner. I thought it had a lifetime warrantee, but could have been 25 years, don't remember off hand. It is generally well constructed, and looks great. Locking the pieces together is easy, and its rated to withstand a 2100 degree chimney fire. Just make sure you follow ALL instructions, use locking bands, supports if required, etc.

One thing I did NOT like about this product is their packaging! In short, there is nothing protecting the items, and from what I've seen, damage in shipping and handling is common. ALL of the lengths I ordered were dented, most of them could be popped out and were not a big deal, but one was bad enough that I had to go exchange it. If you buy from in store, take everything out of the boxes and inspect it beforehand. There was also no instructions on how to install the spark arrestor in the chimney cap (required to meet code in many areas) and maybe I'm just dumb, but it took me a little while to figure out.

Supervent is made by Selkirk-Metalbestos. It is their way of selling to the Big Boxes without upsetting dealers. It should work fine for straightforward installations, but the line is pretty thin and if you want to get replacement parts in a few years and Lowe's changes lines, good luck (and Lowe's is always looking at new lines).

Status
Not open for further replies.