Support box length

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Maybe the double wall component we were handling was a portion of telescopic pipe not designed for the flue extension. None of the sales crew are former installers and it seems every time I speak to an installer there it's a new young guy. Climbing steep metal roofs for a living pays better than sales associate, when they get tired of it they find another occupation with another company.
Maybe I need to drive further and do business with the other stove shop.
Will the insurance company balk at the long support box? The installer where I bought the components said it was Kosher.
I dont see a problem with the long box other than cosmetics as long as the sections are attached together well. I would use rivets.

Reactions: Kincaid
The loose fit would only be pulling room air up through the outer cooling wall, not up the flue like you thought. It’s designed to let air flow throughout the outer wall.
Thanks for that bit of info. The uninsulated double wall pipe probably does allow significant dissipation of heat then. Carries it to the flue extension.

I have a Lopi endeavor stove and there are tubes and bricks above the firebox, making it a real pain to clean the flue from the stove. My last stove at my old house was a Pacific and it was easy to remove the baffle.

Thanks for that bit of info. The uninsulated double wall pipe probably does allow significant dissipation of heat then. Carries it to the flue extension.

I have a Lopi endeavor stove and there are tubes and bricks above the firebox, making it a real pain to clean the flue from the stove. My last stove at my old house was a Pacific and it was easy to remove the baffle.
Lopi stoves are not hard to clean through at all. And yes there is still heat that comes off of doublewall connector pipe but not nearly as much unless it is the ventilated stuff which i would avoid.

The endeavor has a bypass damper, it’s very easy to clean. One of the easiest.