System upgrade...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I'm not getting the red number icon on my notification bell, indicating new notifications, even though someone has replied to a thread I posted on, or quoted me.
Same here...unless I actually click on the bell icon...

It's slow to update, sometimes it takes clicking on another thread. The browser tab icon doesn't show new posts anymore either and it's no longer the Hearth.com icon.

I don't see the bell at all on my phone. On the left is the hamburger menu.

I thought the ads within posts were gone, or at least I hadn’t noticed them. Tonight.... 5 on a page. Not only are they distracting from actual content, I find the placement in someone’s post to suggest the member endorsed the ad. If we’re gonna be inundated with ads, can they at least be placed between posts?

I thought the ads within posts were gone, or at least I hadn’t noticed them. Tonight.... 5 on a page. Not only are they distracting from actual content, I find the placement in someone’s post to suggest the member endorsed the ad. If we’re gonna be inundated with ads, can they at least be placed between posts?
Oh, you don't work for CBS? ;) ;lol
1569202926479.png

Reactions: bfitz3
When scrolling through multiple pics on a post, the "advance to next pic" arrow disappears after a couple seconds. You can still click and advance but if the cursor has moved slightly and you are off the arrow, you don't know it. If you click then, you are nuked out of the pics and back to the post.

When scrolling through multiple pics on a post, the "advance to next pic" arrow disappears after a couple seconds. You can still click and advance but if the cursor has moved slightly and you are off the arrow, you don't know it. If you click then, you are nuked out of the pics and back to the post.

Yep. Just experienced this. Along with many of the other posts here.

There's an ad right in the middle of your own post!

Attachments

• hearth ad post.jpg
    hearth ad post.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: bfitz3
What system upgrade? I did not notice anything.

Trying to get rid of them but right now there is a bug in the software that wont let me make changes to the ad software.

wow... today now there is a add every 3 posts.....

Nice that you can see who's online with the icon on the avatar. So if I have a tab on hearth.com, which I always do, I guess it will still show that I'm online, even if I'm looking at another tab..

I just get one little banner ad top and bottom.

SmartSelect_20190924-145009_Firefox.jpg SmartSelect_20190924-145028_Firefox.jpg

If those ads were just based on my google search history, they'd be really diverse, but they always seem to be heating-related

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats all im seeing today now.... but yesterday I had 1 every 3 posts showing up...

I wonder if my ad-blocker was catching a lot of that..?

My small avatar on the right of the topic page, indicating I made the last post on a topic, looks like a frowny smilie with a raised eyebrow. How appropriate. ;lol

1569604324028.png

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceBus
I keep a tab on the Hearth Room, and another on the Wood Shed. I just noticed that if I have the alerts dropped down on Hearth Room, then switch to Wood Shed, the alerts are still dropped down. :cool:

My small avatar on the right of the topic page, indicating I made the last post on a topic, looks like a frowny smilie with a raised eyebrow. How appropriate. ;lol

View attachment 248230

I’ve been getting random avatars. It’s been entertaining. Once in a while, I even get my own! In other threads I’ve been jetsam, begreen, and even you, Woody.

I’ve been getting random avatars. It’s been entertaining. Once in a while, I even get my own! In other threads I’ve been jetsam, begreen, and even you, Woody.
Did you ever see one of your posts, then the avatar, and think I'd said it? Did you say "What is he talking about?!!" ;)

Did you ever see one of your posts, then the avatar, and think I'd said it? Did you say "What is he talking about?!!" ;)

Lol... my wife would tell you that my memory is bad enough to do that.

Reactions: Rhodie
Lol... my wife would tell you that my memory is bad enough to do that.
See how your memory gets when you only have about seven brain cells left, like me. ;lol