T-Bones on the new Pellet Grill

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elderthewelder

Minister of Fire
After a hard day scrounging some big leaf maple, decided to fire up the pellet grill/smoker ( less than a month old) and cook a couple Angus T Bones

These things were thick, fed my family of 4 no problem. Granted the wife and 11 year old eat like birds;em
Was shooting for medium rare, but came out more on the medium side. Still on the learning curve with the grill

Would of loved to buy the new Englander pellet grill/smoker but was a little out of my price range. got a killer deal in a Green Mountian Daniel Boone model

Usually I use it in the back yard, but tonight just rolled it outside the garage (where I keep it) and fired it up

P7270002_zps65a41edb.jpg

P7270003_zps19ebe448.jpg

P7270005_zps553f7ae4.jpg

P7270007_zps3098e53d.jpg

Oh great. Now I go to bed hungry. :confused:

Reactions: ScotO
That looks like some fine eats there:cool:

Oh great. Now I go to bed hungry. :confused:

heck, Im at work and haven't eaten yet! dang, looks good!

Got a pellet grill myself- takes a bit to master, but you get better as time goes by....makes smoking much easier than traditional methods as well....no water.....a few tricks to learn- you really get to know your temps well!

Great looking meal, Elder!

I've been cutting back on beef and this thread is making me regret that decision.

Atta boy, Elder.....We did the same thing on the keyhole firepit last night. Had some good friends over for T-bones and even did a couple dozen firepit hotwings......all cooked over some nice fresh applewood splits.....

Nothing like a smoked steak!

Atta boy, Elder.....We did the same thing on the keyhole firepit last night. Had some good friends over for T-bones and even did a couple dozen firepit hotwings......all cooked over some nice fresh applewood splits.....

Nothing like a smoked steak!

I did a couple of REALLY thick T-Bones on the BGE last nite. 600::F open top, two minutes (each side) to sear. Then two minutes closed top (each side) for medium rare & PERFECTAMENTE! Hannaford had em for $4.99 per Lb as long as they last. I may swing by on the way home to see if they've lasted this long...Gotta grab more!

Status
Not open for further replies.