T clean out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Thechap

Jan 20, 2008
South Eastern Pennsylvania
I hope I'm not becoming a pest. I'm currently installing a pellet stove. Is a "T" cleanout required on the stove? My chimney goes vertically through the roof. I was planning on putting the clean out on the exhaust vent at the stove. If I did that it wouldn't do me any good because it would be too low to the floor for me to get to. So, what should I do? Thanks!

If you do not have a clean out it will be one SOB to clean the chimney.
I have no idea what others have done but on mine, I turned the clean-out 45
deg then a short section of pipe to a 45 then straight up and out. This makes
the chimney look to be in the middle of the stove. This is what my dealer suggested to do.

DSCF1045.JPG

I hope I'm not becoming a pest. I'm currently installing a pellet stove. Is a "T" cleanout required on the stove? My chimney goes vertically through the roof. I was planning on putting the clean out on the exhaust vent at the stove. If I did that it wouldn't do me any good because it would be too low to the floor for me to get to. So, what should I do? Thanks!
Perhaps a picture of your setup might help us so we can see what you see. My stove also exhausts up through my roof.

Here are some pictures of my stove. I want to increase the "T" clean out from 3" to 4" pipe up to the six inch pipe at the ceiling. This pipe was used by the coal stove I used. I'll use 4" pipe and two 45 degree pipe up to the top exhaust which is 6". So I'll have to get the increase pipe from four to six. This was going to be single stove pipe. I do like the idea of rotating the "T". If you guys need any more pictures let me know. On picture #4 I closed off the six inch pipe with plastic and tape.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg