"T" install with pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have about 25' of SS pipe that has to be installed. My problem/question is how the vertical weight is held up. I have this bracket designed for that but the bracket is only 12" long. I don't see how all that weight is effectively held in place with such a small "foot print" on the wall. Especially if the anchors are only going through plywood and vinyl siding. I understand there are brackets up the length of pipe but that is for the horizontal steadiness not the vertical weight.

Is this the norm?

Edit:

Those connections should be made into studs, not sheetrock or siding.

Not to be a wise guy but....what do I do, move my stove to accommodate location of the studs? There is an alcove set up for this stove when I had my house built. The studs fell where they fell. I can not imagine every SS flue is tying into studs.

Status
Not open for further replies.