T-stat to Accentra?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

parttimer428

Dec 8, 2018
ohio
We had a new Harmon Accentra installed this year and I'm attempting to install a wifi thermostat. I ran the line to the thermostat, bought an adapter for the c-wire and attempted to wire it up. When the thermostat is not "on" there a warning that the backup sensor is not detected. When the thermostat is on indicating heat is needed, the error goes away. Once thermostat turns off, the error returns but the stove continues to run. Any ideas? My connection involved just cutting one of the probe wires and wiring the thermostat in line. Did I miss something, should the stove not be in automatic? Thanks for the help!

That is completely normal.Whenever T/stat is open,the code will blink,then self clears when heat is called for.This is a Harman approved T/stat installation.

I've noticed after waiting it does shut down, just nothing displays its powering down, thanks!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We had a new Harmon Accentra installed this year and I'm attempting to install a wifi thermostat. I ran the line to the thermostat, bought an adapter for the c-wire and attempted to wire it up. When the thermostat is not "on" there a warning that the backup sensor is not detected. When the thermostat is on indicating heat is needed, the error goes away. Once thermostat turns off, the error returns but the stove continues to run. Any ideas? My connection involved just cutting one of the probe wires and wiring the thermostat in line. Did I miss something, should the stove not be in automatic? Thanks for the help!
Never heard of a “Harmon” Accentra. New company? Oh, welcome........ I’m just being an ass...

If I didn't have gf that wouldn't quit taking while I tried to post I might have spelled Harman correctly. I finally had to tell her to give me 2 minutes!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mt Bob and fmsm