Taiwan Replica Stove Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jeremywatco

Jan 27, 2022
San Diego, CA
SO... I purchased a taiwan replica stove today to be installed in my workshop. All metal building.. I know the replica's arent built great.. not too worried about it.

My question is are there any tips or tricks with these stoves? The stove's in my house just have a door and and a damper on the bottom to control the air.. they work great.

This stove has a door in front with air slider on the bottom.. and door on side with air dial on it. Whats with the side door? Do I need to install a chimney damper as well? It came with one from the guy I bought it off of.. but didnt throw it up yet.

Just looking for tips. Again.. this is not going in a living space so I am not worried about safety per se.. more of how to operate it in a safe manner.
IMG_1084.jpg