taking out the room fan to clean in a St. Croix pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kserr

Hearth Supporter
Oct 23, 2008
western Ma
HI I have a St Croix EXP and its time for our first yearly cleaning. Owners manual a piece of crap. Call your local dealer for service. What we would like to know is how to get the room fan out to clean? Its located on the bottom back of the stove but there is wiring. Do people actually remove the fan or just blow off the dust with a leaf blower? I keep hearing people use these for everything. I just can't see bringing in my gas leaf blower into my house afterI have already done my spring cleaning(lol) Any info would be great. :)

kserr said:
HI I have a St Croix EXP and its time for our first yearly cleaning. Owners manual a piece of crap. Call your local dealer for service. What we would like to know is how to get the room fan out to clean? Its located on the bottom back of the stove but there is wiring. Do people actually remove the fan or just blow off the dust with a leaf blower? I keep hearing people use these for everything. I just can't see bringing in my gas leaf blower into my house afterI have already done my spring cleaning(lol) Any info would be great. :)

I remove my room fan and take it to the garage to clean it with a toothbrush and compressed air.
Had to figure it out myself but it wasn't that hard. Remove the screws that attach it to the back
of the stove, follow the wires up to the right side of the stove where they plug on. I marked
the wires and where they plugged on so I'd know where to put them back. You have to then
gently feed them down through the opening so you can pull out the fan. Once you do it the first
time it's no big deal. The other one is more of a pita to remove but still I figured that one
out on my own too.

Status
Not open for further replies.