Talk about a nice splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crash11

Jan 28, 2009
Southern Michigan
This has probably been posted before, but I'm new so I haven't seen it.

There's so many other things I'd have to spend my money on first, but a man can dream.

Why do the chains on the harvesters seem to cut a whole lot more wood than the chain on my chainsaw?

Jamess67 said:
Why do the chains on the harvesters seem to cut a whole lot more wood than the chain on my chainsaw?

The most powerful chainsaw makes probably 10 HP. The processor saw is driven by thousands of pounds of hydraulic pressure.

Your chainsaw chain has a cutter on every other or every third link, those chains have a cutter tooth on every link hense the cut faster, and longer.

I would also like to know why the men in suits in that first video aren't helping at all. Maybe they bought the beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.