Tarm Solo Plus 60 - Tips and Tricks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diesel Dog

Aug 8, 2011
Southern Vermont
Just purchased a barely used Tarm Solo Plus 60 with water heat storage system. Any tips on operating this unit?

I am not new to wood burning boilers, but am new to this style unit and the hot water reserve tank.

What type of wood consumption are the people on this forum with that unit experiencing (i realize it will vary.)

Looking forward to some dialogue, as I am new here!

how much storage do you have ? What are you heating, Sq ' and style. Congrats on the boiler. the boiler room is a little slow right now ,but should be getting better with cold weather just around the corner.

650 gallons of storage and a 2200 sq ft house. an old farmhouse - so while not modern - not the most drafty of old farmhouses either.

Thank you!

I have a Solo Plus 30 for about 1700 sq ft. ranch and have been averaging about 4 1/2 - 5 cord a season the last 3 years but have no storage.

We keep the house a lot warmer then we ever did burning oil. Love it.

We didn't get hit as bad in the Northeast as you did down there. Hope you and your boiler stayed dry. The pictures I have seen of the damage are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.