Temperature sensor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Trey1979

Feeling the Heat
Sep 20, 2018
Mississippi
Does anyone have any experience with one of these stove pipe alarms?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191115-222217_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191115-222217_Chrome.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 182
Does anyone have any experience with one of these stove pipe alarms?
Yeah I love mine. Mainly because I can monitor temps from upstairs

I have one. The alarm is loud and annoying (like what a good alarm should be). It has a high and low alarm, but you’ll never want to use the low alarm.

I also just got an Auber controller that controls my insert’s fan and works as a backup alarm.

The digital read outs and alarms make running the insert a whole lot easier. I’d recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one as well -- actually two. We have the one you pictured on our stove, and then the 210T on the Tundra (with the slave unit in the living space so we can see the display without going into the furnace room).

They work well, though one of them occasionally (couple times a year) gets a bad probe reading and sounds the alarm for less than a second, just a brief blip; I suppose there is some fault in it, but it works well otherwise so I don't worry about it.

We also run one of their controllers (SYL-2342) on the Tundra, and though I've only had it for a couple weeks, I like it a lot.

Auber's customer service is very good, though if you call them there seem to be no native English speakers there, and I have a hard time processing words on the phone. It is easy to get through to tech support (right away on the phone, and same day by email), and they actually know their products.

I got the 200t with the washer thermal coupler and the remote alarm / light. I just set the washer on the top of the stove under a small piece of scrap metal. I think I would have been better off with the probe and dill and insert it I’m my liner. Works great. Well worth the money.

I have one as well -- actually two. We have the one you pictured on our stove, and then the 210T on the Tundra (with the slave unit in the living space so we can see the display without going into the furnace room).

They work well, though one of them occasionally (couple times a year) gets a bad probe reading and sounds the alarm for less than a second, just a brief blip; I suppose there is some fault in it, but it works well otherwise so I don't worry about it.

We also run one of their controllers (SYL-2342) on the Tundra, and though I've only had it for a couple weeks, I like it a lot.

Auber's customer service is very good, though if you call them there seem to be no native English speakers there, and I have a hard time processing words on the phone. It is easy to get through to tech support (right away on the phone, and same day by email), and they actually know their products.
Man im ordering one of these as we speak thanks for all the input

Are you using the relays on the 2342? If so what are you controlling? I’m thinking that might be a solution for controlling my blower I generally don’t turn it on unless stove top temps are over 500F.

How do you monitor it from upstairs? Does it have an APP for your phone or did you run the display up there?
I ran the display upstairs. I have zero desire to have my wood stove linked to my phone

Are you using the relays on the 2342? If so what are you controlling? I’m thinking that might be a solution for controlling my blower I generally don’t turn it on unless stove top temps are over 500F.

I'm using the relay to open and close the firebox damper. The thermocouple probe measures the flue temps, and I have the 2342 set to let combustion air into the firebox until the flue hits 550F, then close the air damper until the flue temp drops to 300F, then open it...and so on.

I could set the hysteresis to a larger or smaller range, but the 250F range seems OK. I do adjust the middle set point temp sometimes -- so when I want a lot of heat I increase the open/close range to 575F/325F, and at night I've adjusted it to 525F/275F, but I'm still fiddling with it to see what works best.

Reactions: EbS-P
So does yours have the alarm are is it just for reading the temp im for sure wanting an alarm
Yes it has an alarm. I didn't add another though which was an option

I have one. The alarm is loud and annoying (like what a good alarm should be). It has a high and low alarm, but you’ll never want to use the low alarm.

I also just got an Auber controller that controls my insert’s fan and works as a backup alarm.

The digital read outs and alarms make running the insert a whole lot easier. I’d recommend it.

Did you order the buzzer too are does the basic unit come with it in other words it has 2 different buzzers that each of t
Yes it has an alarm. I didn't add another though which was an option
Ok gotcha the option for the buzzer is to have a buzzer in a second room are something

Did you order the buzzer too are does the basic unit come with it in other words it has 2 different buzzers that each of t
Ok gotcha the option for the buzzer is to have a buzzer in a second room are something
I guess but the built in one is loud

I bought the red light alarm. Unless you are hard of hearing it’s pointless. As Bholler said, the built in alarm is very loud. You can hear it throughout the house.