Temps sound ok?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WellSeasoned

Low 30's tonight, so I put a load in. the stove is cruising at 675 and my flue its at 875. These flue temps sound normal. Stove its closed alittle more than 3/4. Also, I exceed the minimal clearances, and one part if my wall is reading 155 F. Thx

If those are internal flue temps, then, yes, everything seems okay to me. You could probably close the air down further.

My probe cruises at 600 to 700 once things are Seattled in and dialed down 875 is a little high to me i may be wrong though. I do see around 875 on startup and reload though.

My probe is pretty low, but normal temps for my set-up, is a little under stove top (once settled).

Its higher on reloads (as stated above).

The flue temp sounds high. Normally it runs lower. Our Castine ran about the same or up to 150F lower in the flue than the stovetop. Close the air all the way and see how it works.

What's the chimney height?

The flue temp sounds high. Normally it runs lower. Our Castine ran about the same or up to 150F lower in the flue than the stovetop. Close the air all the way and see how it works.

What's the chimney height?

From the top if the stove 18'
All was well, but these stack temps seem awful high, this morning a small load to warm things up alittle, stove 525, flue 425

Status
Not open for further replies.