Tempting Pine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
NW Wisconsin
Today I came across a score of Red Pine already bucked and tossed into a pile. There is probably a cord there, but I don't have much stacking room left for it, so I'm thinking of leaving it in case I come across some good hardwood sometime. Dang it, I hate to pass up free wood no matter what kind.

Todd said:
Today I came across a score of Red Pine already bucked and tossed into a pile. There is probably a cord there, but I don't have much stacking room left for it, so I'm thinking of leaving it in case I come across some good hardwood sometime. Dang it, I hate to pass up free wood no matter what kind.
take it !!!!!!!!!!!

Take it! Remember most of the Pacific Northwest is covered with softwoods, besides the land of the good folks in Scandinavia.

Use it in the shoulder seasons, or for shorter burns. Season it properly and with no shortcuts.

Before someone else makes a big mistake, load it up immediately and deliver it to me to dispose of safely through carefully controlled combustion using advanced pryolisis. It's too dangerous to leave where it is.

Hardwood won't necessarily be ready for next winter if you process it now, but you can burn that pine for sure. Take it, AND the hardwood you find for next year. Mix it in with your other stuff.

Todd, if nothing else, it will make good fires for those summer outdoor weenie roasts.

jebatty said:
Before someone else makes a big mistake, load it up immediately and deliver it to me to dispose of safely through carefully controlled combustion using advanced pryolisis. It's too dangerous to leave where it is.

I'll be stealing this quote, jebatty.

Todd pass up any wood? Yeah. Right. :lol:

A split in the hand is worth two in someone else's stove. Rick

Funny thing happened on the way to pick up that Pine. I arrived there and there was a nice pile of Maple and Ash logs, so I passed on the Pine and took the good stuff. :cheese: Upon further review most of the Pine was kinda punky and full of ants.

North of 60 and I are starting up a new non-profit...People for the Ethical Treatment of Pine. If you would like to become a charter member, please forward your check for the annual dues in the amount of just $50.00 to either one of us, and we'll send you your membership kit, including a beanie, a pine cone motif T-shirt, and a book of daily pine-related devotional poems and meditations. Join PETP today! Rick

Way to go Todd. Get the good stuff first.

fossil said:
North of 60 and I are starting up a new non-profit...People for the Ethical Treatment of Pine. If you would like to become a charter member, please forward your check for the annual dues in the amount of just $50.00 to either one of us, and we'll send you your membership kit, including a beanie, a pine cone motif T-shirt, and a book of daily pine-related devotional poems and meditations. Join PETP today! Rick

That's funny! Can I still join even if I'm a wood snob?

You can be an Associate Member for only $150.00/yr...that's the best we're able to offer at this time. Rick

When your sidelined and out of commission, because of your own Dumb A**s,,,and then to add insult to injury, you read every thread about someones "Wood " score,,,knowing you will limp away from your computer Pis**d. Then you know you got the wood bug!! Heck, I`d consider joining the PTEP, if it came with a Pine Scented air freshner for the desk.

fossil said:
You can be an Associate Member for only $150.00/yr...that's the best we're able to offer at this time. Rick

I think your letting Todd off too easy. His use and priorities for pine really hurts. :mad: What we do know here is that real men don't just use Pine in the shoulder seasons. Us gifted pine club members are even man enough to be able to heat with it through the depth of winter. So there!
Todd you will have to sit in the back at our first AGM if you are to subscribe. Now go to your wood pile and think of what you have said while you stare at all that nice hard wood we cant have. HUMFF :down: :lol: Cheers
N of 60

ml said:
When your sidelined and out of commission, because of your own Dumb A**s,,,and then to add insult to injury, you read every thread about someones "Wood " score,,,knowing you will limp away from your computer Pis**d. Then you know you got the wood bug!! Heck, I`d consider joining the PTEP, if it came with a Pine Scented air freshner for the desk.

Hell ML Ill send ya a box of historical Yukon pine cones off the Chilkoot trail. Remember we at the PTEP are pulling for ya, whatever your dumba__ did.

Todd said:
Funny thing happened on the way to pick up that Pine. I arrived there and there was a nice pile of Maple and Ash logs, so I passed on the Pine and took the good stuff. :cheese: Upon further review most of the Pine was kinda punky and full of ants.

Are you sure that wood was there for you to take? Sounds like it was someone's wood pile and you just swiped it.

Status
Not open for further replies.