TEST picture attachment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roospike

Nov 19, 2005
Eastern Nebraska
#1 http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a97/Roospike/P8010402.jpg #2
P8010402.jpg
P8010402.jpg

Roospike how many saw bars do you own?

earthharvester said:
Roospike how many saw bars do you own?
13 total bars between 5 chainsaws . The 372XP has an 18" ( that i dont use much ) 20" , 24" , 28" & 32" The tool box has all my chainsaws chains i have and they are each in a plastic quart bag. tools , felling wedges , funnels , gloves, spare parts , small axe , grease , spare oil mix, paint brush & gloves . The Blue Husqvarna gear bag has all my PPE ..... 3 sets of chaps , felling gear belt , 2 foresty helmets & first aid - maxi pads and duck tape.

MountainStoveGuy said:
I see that you need to find a support group for chainsaw users. :)
I was testing to see if the photo bucket links worked to have the picture show on the web page ..............they do not , just links up with this web site. This is the only Forum that dont support photobucket picture placement ......... odd . Yes I need a support group for my chainsaw addiction . Will you guys be my help partners ?...... Ha. Hi , my name is Dan and i have a chainsaw/wood stove problem , It been 6 hours sense my last waxing of my chainsaws and wood stove .................

If you noticed in the suggestion box, i mentioned this to craig. He doenst want embedded photos in here. I love photobucket, expecially for forum participation. It makes posting photos super easy.

MountainStoveGuy said:
If you noticed in the suggestion box, i mentioned this to craig. He doenst want embedded photos in here. I love photobucket, expecially for forum participation. It makes posting photos super easy.
I think photobucket is awesome and it dont take up server space per the forum.
He doenst want embedded photos in here
Maybe i missed something ........... do they cause an issue with forums ? I haven't heard of any problems but like i said this is the only forum that I know that dont support Photobucket sites. Must be something over my head. Hummmm

Roospike said:
MountainStoveGuy said:
I think photobucket is awesome and it dont take up server space per the forum.
He doenst want embedded photos in here
Maybe i missed something ........... do they cause an issue with forums ? I haven't heard of any problems but like i said this is the only forum that I know that dont support Photobucket sites. Must be something over my head. Hummmm

I came to the same conclusion, its over my head.

20041028_galasso_ruth_1024.jpg

This picture is located somewhere else.....

Just like Photobucket.....

BUT, if it was INSIDE this post, instead of a link to it, then imagine how big the post threads would be!

So, that is my point - if someone links to a giant photo, then it will really mess up the readability of a thread.

I will check with the makers of the software to see if anyone is doing it and how to keep it safe.

Look at this example of how our forum will look with pictures inside posts - personally I think it is distracting:
http://www.miniaturewargaming.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/92/

Webmaster said:
20041028_galasso_ruth_1024.jpg

Look at this example of how our forum will look with pictures inside posts - personally I think it is distracting:
http://www.miniaturewargaming.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/92/
Now thats how i am used to seeing threads without clicking every link and having 10 windows open to read the thread topics .... back and forth. If it works great , it its not the best of ideas for your forum then that ok too.

Craig, its totally up to you. it doenst bother me, im used to it with other forums. this is much cleaner, but its somtimes easier to post multiple photos on one post them to make severl posts with one photo each. I dont know the ins and outs off it, just how the other forums work that i belong to.

I know what Craig's talking about. Pictures can get rediculous if people don't pay attention to their sizing. And I don't want to wear out my scroll wheel.

What's nice about Photobucket is they let you post a small thumbnail that's linked to the bigger picture. I know there would be no way of limiting to just Photobucket, but I do agree that picture posting would be much much easier. Plus I can use my Flock browser to post pics. Just drag and drop.

Anywho, I'm fine with just linking to my photos :)

If I can do it, I will do it in the pics forum only. I can also easily increase the number of pics that someone can upload to 4 or 5.

Another downside of including external pics in a post - if folks close or move their account (which they often do), then the forum will slow down as it tries to find the pics - and also the pics will not be available. If you upload pics here, they are available always.....

I saw some talk about this in the Forum for this software. It appears that it is doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.