Testing of 6 popular pellet stoves by Alliance for Green Heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good information there...I'm happy to see that the Ravelli is included, if I decide to go new it may be the one I purchase (actually the RV100 Classic).

The one thing I do not see in the ratings is the noise factor. I have found some stoves, especially the less expensive ones, to be unsuitable for a regular living space. Do you have any data on the stoves you tested?

We didn't test for noise and it was a point of debate. There are a lot of variables that go into it and it's hard to express that to a consumer in words. In the end we figured people need to go out and listen for themselves. Even a quiet stove can seem loud to some and to others it's not that important.

Reactions: jackman and webfish
Status
Not open for further replies.