testing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

magsf11

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jan 31, 2009
buffalo ny
since it is going to be a cold night/day tomorrow, I thaught it would be a good time to do some testing. since all of my other test were done when it was warmer out. picked up some Green Supremes from lowes today to try out. heard good things about them and lets eee if the stove like them. at 3.94 per bag or 177 a ton figure I can go wrong. so far i have noticed a 75 deg increase over the fireside.

What are you using to measure the temps? That is a pretty big difference.

Green Supreme's were about average for me. YMMV. Very clean burning. Very little ash (what ash was there, was white) but heat output was about average.

well after the 2 bags i went threw. avg temp was 250 on #3 setting. the stove keeped up at that setting with temps in the low (very low teens). very low ash with the green team also. the avg temp with the fireside was 150-160, with high ash. I was useing a bbq thermometer in the blower grate ( on the colder side).

Status
Not open for further replies.