The Fire Sale At Lowe's

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
In between thinking about Lowe's closeout pricing on wood and pellet stoves don't forget that:

- Those great short handled, high sided ash shovels that I like so well are now a buck and a half apiece.

- The big set of tongs for those who might end up wrestling with a honkin big burning split are three bucks.

- Door gasket sets are four dollars.

- Those great 36 x 18 closed end canvas log carriers that keep all the crap off of your carpet are five dollars.

- The big metal covered stove boards are $25.

- The 48" wood hoops are $12 bucks apiece.

Well, at least the stuff that I didn't haul out of there to day is.

Yep, great deals to be had for sure. I was VERY upset for paying $2.50 for my ash shovels, lol.

At my local Lowes there are also the 8ft long face cord racks for $40

I saw a space for chimney brush rods too, but there were none in stock. They were dirt cheap, maybe $3 ? a piece.

With these prices, it makes you wonder if Lowes is thinking about getting out of the stove business all together.

-Kevin

Stopped by Lowe's yesterday to see what they had left. Well, two pellet stoves, one each size, two wood burners, one each size. No piping, and a few other accessories. There are a ton of portable heaters and other heat related items. I was looking for piping specifically, but i would be willing to bet the stove stores and installers snapped all that up early the first day. Going to try the two other stores in the Valley to see what's available tomorrow. There are a few more stoves at the other stores.

wrenchmonster said:
Yep, great deals to be had for sure. I was VERY upset for paying $2.50 for my ash shovels, lol.

At my local Lowes there are also the 8ft long face cord racks for $40

I saw a space for chimney brush rods too, but there were none in stock. They were dirt cheap, maybe $3 ? a piece.

With these prices, it makes you wonder if Lowes is thinking about getting out of the stove business all together.

-Kevin

Wanna be jealous on log racks? A few years back I walked into Home Depot in May to buy an inner tube for my yard trailer. Next to the door they had a stack of the steel tube, powder coated log rack ends that you can use with a pair of any length 2 x 4's. Seven bucks a set clearance price. I bought every set they had. I don't remember how many but I have eight sets up right now and lots still in the shed.

The cashier looked funny when I said I wanted to buy some log racks. "How many?" "I don't know. Load up all ya got in that trailer out there behind the burgundy and silver Suburban."

UncleRich said:
Stopped by Lowe's yesterday to see what they had left. Well, two pellet stoves, one each size, two wood burners, one each size. No piping, and a few other accessories. There are a ton of portable heaters and other heat related items. I was looking for piping specifically, but i would be willing to bet the stove stores and installers snapped all that up early the first day. Going to try the two other stores in the Valley to see what's available tomorrow. There are a few more stoves at the other stores.

Except for the pellet stove kits the black pipe, chimney brushes, etc. at Lowe's are always back in the plumbing section year round and aren't ever discounted. That is where they usually have the chimney cleaning rods too because they are used for duct cleaning.

I buy all of that stuff from my local hearth shop. His kids have to eat too.

BrotherBart said:
UncleRich said:

Except for the pellet stove kits the black pipe, chimney brushes, etc. at Lowe's are always back in the plumbing section year round and aren't ever discounted. That is where they usually have the chimney cleaning rods too because they are used for duct cleaning.

I buy all of that stuff from my local hearth shop. His kids have to eat too.

Brother Bart:

Thought they might be sneaky.

The store I was at is new and the pipe was with the stoves. I did go back to the vent pipe display and saw lots of gas vents, and dryer stuff, but no P vent at all. Asked the stocker for the heater stuff, who was pulling down from the pallet racks and he went directly to where I had seen them a month ago. This store had no black pipe, no brushes and no rods when they opened. I'm thinking, the older stores may have something left, I'll check tomorrow.

By the way, pellets are still at $4.39 a bag, one ton $197.00 ($3.94 per bag). They have about 15 pallets. Think I'll wait a few weeks and ask for a price on 5 or 6 ton. If they give me a 15% additional discount, I'll take the deal. $30.00 off puts them at the same average price I paid for this year. A couple of extra ton would make great Christmas gifts for my pellet head friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.