The Ideal Steel in black

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep searching...eventually you will find what you need. For my current situation, burn times of 12 hours are ideal. I am fortunate enough to have been able to take early retirement, so I enjoy interacting with my stove, and have the time to do it.
I'm holding out hope that the Steel can be burned low and provide a 20 hour burn. At the rumored price point, it would be the easiest solution.

12 hours seems to be the sweet spot for most of us.

Agreed. And, it works perfectly for my schedule. If I worked from home and had to manage 3 stoves, well let's just say thats a different situation for sure.

Yeah, then the PH is probably not for you. Really, I think only the King meets those definitions. With your heat needs, I doubt you'd be able to 15 hours in the coldest weather with a Princess.

I just had a 12 hour burn with the PH last night with the low down to 3 degrees. I could have easily reloaded after 15 hours, but wouldn't have gone past 12 because I needed the heat.
I am nearly positive that a Princess will meet my expectations. Which is one of the reasons I had hoped that the Progress would have worked like the Fireview. If the Progress was a straight cat stove, it would have provided longer, controllable burns in the 20 hour range. 12 hours during cold temps would have been acceptable if the stove was more controllable during milder temps.

I am nearly positive that a Princess will meet my expectations. Which is one of the reasons I had hoped that the Progress would have worked like the Fireview. If the Progress was a straight cat stove, it would have provided longer, controllable burns in the 20 hour range. 12 hours during cold temps would have been acceptable if the stove was more controllable during milder temps.

I hear ya. I just shoot for 12 hour loads regardless of temps and load accordingly. If I load her full in mild weather, I could reload after 18 or more hours, but it will be pretty hot in the joint in the middle of the burn!

I'd buy it for $1500. Challenge is getting the wife on board with another stove. It doesn't look that bad.

I still do not understand the technology. I looked on their website but was not real clear. The best part about BK is the simlicity of design. For $1500 it can't be too complicated.

Did you look on the company blog? http://blog.woodstove.com/

Re Blowers:

No Woodstock stove has a blower. It isn't an issue of cost. They have a philosophy of putting nothing in the stove that requires electricity. I am quite certain the new stove will not have a blower.

Ok, closing another silly thread. It seems a bit useless to constantly compare the same stoves - even if they all actually existed.

This forum is for educating consumers. If any of you want to blog about a stove you have, a stove which may exist, will exist or did exist, blog platforms such as wordpress, etc. are free.

This is not the function nor the purpose of this forum. Please contact me if you have any question.....

I'd say those interested in beta tests and development should follow the woodstock blog or any blogging by beta testers of the stove. As far as I know, we have none of them here - at least no one has asked about blogging their beta testing here, etc....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.