The new hearth !!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

Just finished the new hearth pad( except for caulk )in preparation for the new stove its pretty !! I want to thank all you guys for the advice and help I think I am gonna hang around hearth.com maybe I can help someone that way.

Much Thanks
Pete

Attachments

• The new hearth !!
    IMG_20111211_164217.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 578
Very Nice. Enjoy. Its missing the stove. Cant wait to see it in action

Thanks guys ! Its acctually the same tile as the old one but I had to resize for the new stove which will arive on tuesday wooppiiee!!! It shall make my old one cry from envy :lol:

Pete

Looks good Pete. Only 2 more days....

Cant wait Dennis we are chompin at the bit over here man. I am gonna run around the block or something just to get the antzies out of me.

Pete

Would you like to borrow a bike?

Thats not a bad idea acctually haha I got one in the garage it might warm us up :) I can just set it up on blocks and pedal my brains out that might do miracles. I acctually split wood for a while today just to break a sweat and warm up some, I dont think the house has been much over 55 since the wood stove died. Just so ya know your bikes a pretty sweet I dont think I have ever seen one like them.

Pete

Nice job. The stove will look wonderful there. There a couple people that can photoshop a stove there for you in the meantime.

Maybe they can photoshop one in my brain then I can trick myself into being warm-na thats just crazy talk, or is it hmm......

Pete

Papadave
I will put them up as soon as its in hopefully first fire on tuesday night (cure the paint anyway) .

Very nice hearth! the stove ought to look great on it!

Pete1983,

Beautiful Hearth and like me I have finished my Hearth and waiting for chimney installer to come out next week. My stove is on Hearth waiting for installer to do the rest.

If you don't mind me asking what part of Michigan do you live in? I live in Lapeer County Michigan. We could be near by neighbors?

Fredo

Thanks Fredo I had to resize the old pad kinda got carried away though. I live In Ovid Fredo about an hour away what do ya know!

Pete

Pete1983, you will do fine with that awesome looking Hearth Pad. What a small world knowing that we are only an hour away.

I wish you well with your stove project...

Fredo

Good looking hearth . . . only needs a woodstove to complete the picture.

Hearth looks great Pete! The trim looks interesting what exactly is it? How many pallets did you use to make it.. (just kidding :) )

Ray

Now that was funny raybonz. Man, I better not post any pictures of my hearth than... lol

Pete1983, I am just laughing at Ray, not you. I love your hearth and you should be very proud of it....

Fredo

Fredo said:
Now that was funny raybonz. Man, I better not post any pictures of my hearth than... lol

Pete1983, I am just laughing at Ray, not you. I love your hearth and you should be very proud of it....

Fredo

That's a pallet shed joke Fredo.. His hearth looks great..

Ray

RayBonz, speaking of pallets, I am eyeballing quite a few that a company is tossing out where I live. The only thing is, I can't pick the darn things up because of my back injury, arrrh!

Fredo said:
RayBonz, speaking of pallets, I am eyeballing quite a few that a company is tossing out where I live. The only thing is, I can't pick the darn things up because of my back injury, arrrh!

I have burned them but gave that up over 20 yrs. ago but they are good for stacking my firewood for the next year. I will move the wood into the wood shelter that's outside on pallets now when the burning season ends next year.. Pete has created a great wood shelter with them which is a better use but I like to leave my wood outside in the sun and wind for a year before it goes in the shelter.. You will need 2 pallets per cord (not face cord) to stack your wood on if you stack 4' high..

Ray

Raybonz, I have seen quite a few pictures of pallet wood sheds. Some of them are awesome just like your avatar. My pole barn has a 6 foot overhang where I can store up to 8 face cord.

When my back heals I plan on picking up some of the pallets that I mentioned. I can zip them down with my chainsaw and use pallet pieces in my stove.

Fredo

Ray
I cut down a forest and used a tiger to chop down the trees then made a woodchuck chuck a trim board then.... Lol :lol:
Pete

Pete1983 said:
Ray
I cut down a forest and used a tiger to chop down the trees then made a woodchuck chuck a trim board then.... Lol :lol:

Pete

Funny that's what I was thinking... ;-)

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.