The Pellets are Coming!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Grintch

Burning Hunk
Apr 4, 2013
North Attleboro
With some pretty good deals on pellets going on, I pulled the trigger.

I have 3 tons of Barefoots being delivered tomorrow. I have 2 tons of okanagen gold left over from last year I'm good to go for next season.

Enjoy the summer and happy pellet hunting!

I have 3 tons of Barefoots being delivered tomorrow. I have 2 tons of okanagen gold left over from last year I'm good to go for next season.

Hamers and Okie Plats coming this way also. prob be delivered next month or later.

Reactions: vinny11950
Oil is still cheaper than pellets so I'm going the dino juice route this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oil is still cheaper than pellets so I'm going the dino juice route this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
cheaper here too but my luck the price of Oil will go zoom up middle of winter and I'll be forced to get pellets at HD. Maybe.

cheaper here too but my luck the price of Oil will go zoom up middle of winter and I'll be forced to get pellets at HD. Maybe.
That's one reason it's nice to have choices. My oil tank is full, my pellets are paid for and stacked and my stove is clean and ready when needed! Thanks to the lack of rain, this will be the first weekend I don't have to cut the grass. What will I do Saturday afternoon? I'm sure I'll think of something!

Reactions: SESZOO and pete7713
That's one reason it's nice to have choices. My oil tank is full, my pellets are paid for and stacked and my stove is clean and ready when needed! Thanks to the lack of rain, this will be the first weekend I don't have to cut the grass. What will I do Saturday afternoon? I'm sure I'll think of something!
same here... 3 paid tons coming soon, full oil tank, clean stove, and Wife mows the grass.. [I Weed whack]...

Reactions: jackhammer
I have 3 tons of Barefoots being delivered tomorrow. I have 2 tons of okanagen gold left over from last year I'm good to go for next season[/QUOTE said:
Have you used Barefoots before? I never have but I can get some locally at $249. Any feedback on their quality would be appreciated!

So, last year I had Hamers, Okie Gold, Okie Plat and Barefoot. This year I order all Barefoot. For my experience they were far and away the best pellet I burned. I've learned though, that depending on stove and when/where you buy them pellets can result in differing opinions. For me, Barefoot are the best pellet I've used.

So, last year I had Hamers, Okie Gold, Okie Plat and Barefoot. This year I order all Barefoot. For my experience they were far and away the best pellet I burned. I've learned though, that depending on stove and when/where you buy them pellets can result in differing opinions. For me, Barefoot are the best pellet I've used.
burned about 6 bags last winter..Barefoots..
Good heat/low ash But my problem with the pellets was they were quite long hardwoods.. My Harman has no problem with them but lot of SNAP/CRUNCH///
made me nervous having the slide plate have to Decapitate so many pellets per bag..
I passed this year...

burned about 6 bags last winter..Barefoots..
Good heat/low ash But my problem with the pellets was they were quite long hardwoods.. My Harman has no problem with them but lot of SNAP/CRUNCH///
made me nervous having the slide plate have to Decapitate so many pellets per bag..
I passed this year...
Glad you said that Tony, I won't be buying those then if they should happen to show up around here ( unlikely). I would entertain bulk delivery actually, if I could find someone who actually delivered down this way ( equally unlikely).

Reactions: Tonyray

Where did you get the Barefoots from ? The place I usually get the from closed down.

Picked up my 3 ton of dry creek pellets on Thursday. Pre ordered at 220 a ton. Now I have 5 ton. Only typically use 3.5 ton per winter. We will see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up my 3 ton of dry creek pellets on Thursday. Pre ordered at 220 a ton. Now I have 5 ton. Only typically use 3.5 ton per winter. We will see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GREAT PRICE

Attachments

• 37471173.jpg
    37471173.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 144
Mine are coming tomorrow, I understand. 2 pallets of Southern States own brand, allegedly made by Hamers. With daytime temps flirting with triple-digits F, hard to think about heating, and the fun part is loading them into the basement one bag at a time in these temps without keeling over.

Mine are coming tomorrow, I understand. 2 pallets of Southern States own brand, allegedly made by Hamers. With daytime temps flirting with triple-digits F, hard to think about heating, and the fun part is loading them into the basement one bag at a time in these temps without keeling over.

I've never been happier about a blown delivery appointment. They came a week later and it's much cooler. My wife and I got the first 1/2-ton into the basement yesterday evening, we're pacing ourselves.

Changed sources for this year but, like who I used to buy from, the delivery person did a great job of dropping the pallets right where I had left a sign, even though I wasn't there; very precise.

I have over 3.5 ton on hand, and should use about 2.5 ton if we have a decently cold winter, unlike last winter.

Blowe's in Hicksville have about 20 ton on their shelves at $275.00/Ton.

Bill

Last edited:
Oil for me with prices around 1.69 per gallon. I'll pick up a ton of FSU's when it starts getting chilly just for the ambiance. :)
So far this year I haven't looked too hard but the usual suspects locally don't appear to have stocked pellets yet (as of two weeks ago, they may have by now). I have 0 in stock myself as well. Oil is $1.81 per gal meanwhile. HD may have them stashed out back, Tractor Supply had none outside but they had a sign saying cheaper by the ton on a pallet that was not for sale. I know they got burned bad with over stocking last year and lots of water damage etc, so well who knows this year. The girl there last year told me that they have no control over pellet inventory, they just show up or they just come and pull them out to relocate to other stores. Where ever they relocated the end of last years stock to last year should have been the dump because they were mostly weather damaged from sitting all winter. Funny how $.20 or $.30 a bag can make a huge difference, that's how much higher they were than HD across the street and HD sold out and TSC couldn't move them over the entire winter.

I can always get LG from the Cement factory though. Not the best price but decent pellets at least. We don't generally get the prices down here I see others quoting in the forum anyway though.

With oil at $1.81 I'm not very concerned over it all anyway. The biggest deal is how time flies, hard to believe it's time to get the brain cells thinking about another heating season. I'm just not even in the mood for that or snow, snow blower etc etc.. Fortunately it's just for a season and then it's gone again!

My choice is electric or pellets so I just had my supply delivered about two hours ago. Two tons of Okanagan Platinum, one ton of Okanagan Doug Fir and I'm trying a ton of the Okanagan Gold for the first time. I still have a ton of the Douglas Fir left over from last year. I think I have way more than I need but I'd rather have them on hand than have to seek out pellets in the middle of the winter.

I know the Okanagan parent company declared bankruptcy this summer but my supplier said they're sitting on a lot of Okie pellets and feel confident that they'll be back next year with a different label. I have a Wiseway Stove and it really operates best with softwood pellets.

Oakies were always good but over priced IMO.

I went online today and one HD locally has 121 pallets in stock now, sounds like Firesides of some sort. I didn't check the other two. Didn't check Lowes etc. Yet.

My choice is electric or pellets so I just had my supply delivered about two hours ago. Two tons of Okanagan Platinum, one ton of Okanagan Doug Fir and I'm trying a ton of the Okanagan Gold for the first time. I still have a ton of the Douglas Fir left over from last year. I think I have way more than I need but I'd rather have them on hand than have to seek out pellets in the middle of the winter.

I know the Okanagan parent company declared bankruptcy this summer but my supplier said they're sitting on a lot of Okie pellets and feel confident that they'll be back next year with a different label. I have a Wiseway Stove and it really operates best with softwood pellets.

New company selling the Douglas Fir, Pine and Spruce..
my dealer is stocked up with them. Just bought the sampler set..

Attachments

• 14333734_577228339144204_550185233266645020_n.jpg
    14333734_577228339144204_550185233266645020_n.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 121
Status
Not open for further replies.