The Pile is starting to grow again, plus a couple Misc thoughts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wg_bent

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Poughkeepsie, NY
Began cutting again...Just went out and split about 1/4 cord of wood, mostly ash and elm. Outside temp is around 20, so I came in when my toes got cold. Remembered to leave the slippers in front of the stove. Now a brew, some toasty slippers , the stove is cooking down the coals to prepare for the nights load I just hope every day is 14 hours of this when I retire.

Nice to see the wood pile growth exceeding the burn rate.

There's now about 3.5 cords for next year, and I've got about another 20 standing I need to start hacking at seriously now if it's going to be burnable for next season.

Last month the wife says. "Hey, look at the oil bill! Hardly burned any oil at all. If you put that baseboard heat in the basement room and office we'll be back to burning oil...How much will it cost you to put in the baseboard?" Answer...Around 300 - 500 bucks. (Zone valve, pipe, radiators etc...) Oh, think we should put another stove in the basement? :) :) :)

(The basement room is a 22x17 finished room, with a 8x11 office (not finished yet, but insulated). Hmm...I'm thinking Morso 1410 or 2110, VC Aspen, Intreped or maybe an Osburn 1600. Chimney layout will be a PITA though.

As much as I like VC the Aspen will not make the cut,in your situation Intrepid II is a better choice. Can't comment
on the other choices as I never burned them

Warren said:
Hmm...I'm thinking Morso 1410 or 2110,
Don't forget the 3410, which is very nice and sized in between those...

VC Aspen,
Mmm... a real dog... the Jotul F602 isn't on your list but is a better stove, IMO...

precaud said:
Warren said:
Hmm...I'm thinking Morso 1410 or 2110,
Don't forget the 3410, which is very nice and sized in between those...

VC Aspen,
Mmm... a real dog... the Jotul F602 isn't on your list but is a better stove, IMO...

In reality....Every stove is on my list...I guess, except the Aspen now...(Scratch)

Status
Not open for further replies.