The Return on my Winter "Friends"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

project240

Nov 30, 2010
Alberta
Last winter I posted some pictures of some deer that live in and around our yard. Over the summer they disappeared, but they're back tonight (well one at least).

I was outside cleaning up a couple things and heard a rumble in the trees. Looked around and saw this guy 15 ft away. Ran inside and grabbed my camera and a snack for him.

I didn't zoom in at all on any of these pictures...

Nov1Deer003.gif

Nov1Deer004.gif

Nov1Deer005.gif

I know I shouldn't, but this was me feeding him raisin bread... he ate right out of my hand.
Nov1Deer006.gif

Nov1Deer007.jpg

Anyways, just thought I'd share. Enjoy!

nice looking Muley... looks like he found the camera in that 3rd pic

Mt Ski Bum said:
nice looking Muley... looks like he found the camera in that 3rd pic

I was actually outside taking the pictures... no trail cam here. You can actually see my hand in the bottom left of the 4th pic.

’bert said:
Nice pics. looks a bit young but hard to tell age / size from the pics. What part of Alberta? I am a bit north of Edm

Redwood Meadows... just outside of Calgary to the SW.

NATE379 said:
Where is the snow?

We got our first small dump 2-3 days later... only a couple of inches. It's coming.

The deer around here are incredibly tame. I have a pic from last winter where I was out in the yard surrounded by 7 or 8 deer.

Cool. Very cool. Careful now, wild animal. Never know what they are going to do............. ;-) In a split second you could have one of those antlers using the twins as a testing ground. :grrr: Sorry, just sayin.

Status
Not open for further replies.